Author: cd_moderator

US 'will not take sides over islands'?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-18 16:29:34 |Display all floors
We can't believe the stand of US...It is a good chance to refrain China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 17:45:59 |Display all floors
All i am saying is that The America is pro JP
so stop telling China that US is not taking sides

This is a very simplistic point of view that disregards the opportunism and flexibility of politicians everywhere. If I were a senior official in the U.S., I'd be trying very hard right now to figure out how to play ball best with the new China.

Another thing: this is not simply a China-Japan affair that is nobody else's business. This is everybody's business from every perspective. If you believe that nations, economies, and peoples the world over are not deeply interconnected, your mind is archaic. You'd have to be oblivious to the last 70 years of history to think this way. All nations have global responsibilities; consider the alternative.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 17:52:27 |Display all floors
fourtyfour Post time: 2012-9-18 16:26
Indeed. The US does not want a war, but will have no choice but to defend Japan in the case of the ...
"I did not bring up the topic today, but it is mutually understood between Japan and the United States that [the islands] are covered by the treaty," Gemba said after the meeting on Monday. Washington previously claimed that the US would not take sides in the territorial dispute over the archipelago in the East China Sea.

Could you kindly give us this source?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 18:19:19 |Display all floors
joey0625 Post time: 2012-9-18 17:52
Could you kindly give us this source?

Sure. Here you go:

http://rt.com/news/china-japan-war-panetta-290/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 18:25:39 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-9-18 18:00
US 'will not take sides over islands'?

The answer is obvious!

That's your opinion.

The Senkaku islands were rightfully handed over to the Japanese. Japanese inhabitated the islands in the early 1900s. The US occupied the islands because of the war and then handed them over to the Japanese.

Today Japan still occupies the islands and has nationalized them after being bought from a Japanese family.

China sailed by a few times. Nice job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 18:51:16 |Display all floors
fourtyfour Post time: 2012-9-18 18:25
That's your opinion.

The Senkaku islands were rightfully handed over to the Japanese. Japanese in ...

When did the Japanese begin to occupy Diaoyu islands?  1900? 1895?  We heard there were goats there left behind by the Taiwanese, did they evolve into the Japanese?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 18:54:36 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2012-9-18 18:51
When did the Japanese begin to occupy Diaoyu islands?  1900? 1895?  We heard there were goats ther ...

Sorry, I was going to reply but couldn't stop laughing at your government's map

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.