Author: cd_moderator

US 'will not take sides over islands'?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-18 12:39:30 |Display all floors
This has nothing to do about real estate and everything about hegemony. China is entering the big league of superpowers now, and I believe knows that an escalation out of its control from a trigger happy accident is not in its favor. America's days are waning in the Pacific as the foremost power in the region but it will serve as a detente power for years to come (given a rational pursuit of policy on all sides).
Japan has allowed a small right wing fringe to bring unnecessary heat on itself through ridiculous provocation. If you ask me, Japan is the troublemaker here with its flags and 'nationalization.' Those people are sleeping in the poppy fields and pose a threat to all of us, not just themselves. If this were Germany, Ishihara and his lot would be in jail.
The best thing for China to do now is to slap symbolic economic sanctions on Japan and pursue relations with its 'odd bedfellow' partner, the U.S. Despite all the rhetoric over American military strategies, the partnership between the U.S. and China has for the most part been good for everyone concerned, including "stupid" Japan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 12:50:26 |Display all floors
US will not take sides over "interests", and will forever stand on the side of interests!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 12:52:51 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-9-18 10:34
As I said many times... there will be no war, because US are only playing diplomacy about that, and  ...

how can you so sure that there will be no war between China and Japan?
what kind of war are you referring to?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 12:57:34 |Display all floors
I would also advocate a multi-national literature distribution program of Japanese history during its occupation of China with the aim of getting as many Japanese 'historically literate' as possible. The fact is that many Japanese have no idea of what happened, and if they did, the public would have a better understanding of Sino-Japanese relations and would choose wiser leaders.
I think the UN should be involved in such a movement, China should spearhead it, and the world should condemn the current censorship that keeps young Japanese blind and confused as to why Japan is disliked by China. I realize that if we're finger pointing for non-disclosure in the world in general the task would be endless, but the vital importance of stability in Asia makes this particular case critical. Japanese admission and and a public display of remorse and continued restitution for its past war crimes would go a long way in defusing tensions and perhaps even begin a path toward true normalization of relations with China.
Anything is better than the direction we are heading in now.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-18 13:06:11 |Display all floors
aaooq Post time: 2012-9-18 12:52
how can you so sure that there will be no war between China and Japan?
what kind of war are you re ...

war is a business

and both sides have no business in that war

moreover... when US claims that would not support Japan in military way... Japan will not be interrested in it

had Japan a war with Russia over Kurill Islands?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 13:25:39 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-9-18 13:06
war is a business

and both sides have no business in that war
moreover... when US claims that would not support Japan in military way... Japan will not be interrested in it

When did the US say that?

The Diaoyus are included in the Japan-US military alliance, is what the US said.  The meaning of this is obvious.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 13:29:13 |Display all floors
Anyone who believes Leon Punk, Hitlery and Ohbomber is gullible enough to believe anything and a prime target for brainwashing by the juuuuuuish-owned international media.
You're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.