Author: vincent01

Chinese Diaoyu Islands anger turns to actions   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-15 09:37:31 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 09:38:53 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 09:39:30 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 09:41:56 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 09:42:58 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 10:58:53 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 11:13:52 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-9-15 09:24
Yes, why talk when you have not released the safety catches of the guns!

Japan only respects thos ...

You know, Chinese are by nature less courageous.  Europeans would have fought back then worry about the consequences.  Not that they are not worried.  They know the importance of fighting back.  Unfortunately, that is why being called "yellow" means being cowardly.  Sad.  

You are right.  Time to fight back, not talk.  And, when other countries fight, they mean to fight the country attacking them, not just to win a skirmish at a location their enemy has chosen.  They fight the enemy as a whole.  You are defeating not the local garrison of Japanese stationed in Diaoyutai, but the Japanese nation.  Therefore, China has to defeat Japan on a larger scale up to a point when Japan surrenders its claims and accepts China's sovereignty.  

Here, it looks like China is hoping to end everything with a Battle of Diaoyutai, which unfortunately will not end there if the Japanese lose.  It will eventually be another battle over some other island in the South China Sea or East Sea, or a coastal city of China, possibly with Vietnam, Philippines and Japan in alliance.  You must realize many folks in China are hoping their businesses and jobs which depend on trade and investment with Japan will not disappear with a war with Japan, so naturally, they hope it will be short and very limited.  Some are probably even willing to accept Japanese sovereignty in exchange for some economic favors from Japan.  That happened everywhere during WWII in all the areas invaded by the Japanese, to varying degrees.  Not hard to find such people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.