Author: voice_cd

What's the proudest thing you’ve done?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-15 05:08:34 |Display all floors
O.K. I found out that the NEW button to the left there goes to the main index of posts and is NOT for this thread so take it away from here, it is confusing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 14:18:22 |Display all floors
Hard to say what the proudest thing is I have done.  I hope I live long enough to do many things to help others in one way or another. To help someone besides your sell is the most rewarding in life. I was a high school teacher in inner city USA, so I helped many students over my 38 years of teaching. The one that stands out is when a student I had back in 1979 called me and told me he was about to kill himself, while we talked I wrote a note to my wife who was there at home with me. Told her to get to his house and see if she could talk him out of it. I kept him on the phone until my wife got to his home, once she was there he hung up the phone. I ran to his home to find him with a gun next to him on the floor, with his head on my wife's shoulder just crying. Well to make it short, I got him to a doctor, got him in a support group and today he owns his own company and works with kids with problems in his spar time. I am sure there are many more people I can help and hope I do not pass up the chance when it occurs again. To me being kind to everyone you meet in life and putting a smile on their face when they are down is just a normal thing we all should do every day. Listening to someone who wants to talk even if you really need to do something else. Take the time to listen and then you may have saved a life. This is something I taught my kids, my students and practice every  day of my life. I hope everyone who reads this does the same for the rest of their life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 17:05:28 |Display all floors
I never do anything earth-shaking,so i do not have the proudest time. But each time I give a  favor to someone in need, i will feel proud. Helping others can make me feel the value of myself. No matter what help  I offer to others, even though offering a seat on a crowded bus, I feel happy and proud.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 17:13:04 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2012-9-13 17:50
I can't say that I'm proud of myself for saving my Dad's life, because that was what I was supposed  ...

You were so firm when you were going through a tough life. There is no setback we can not overcome. Not until the critical time can we realise the ability of tolerance. You are so great as a son.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-16 01:17:49 |Display all floors
deeds61 Post time: 2012-9-15 14:18
Hard to say what the proudest thing is I have done.  I hope I live long enough to do many things to  ...

Your caring heart made a lifetime of difference in this case deeds61. I'm sure that with an attitude like yours you have made many many more helpful actions to others in your life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-16 01:47:21 |Display all floors
I held a crap for three weeks.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-16 02:29:54 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-9-16 01:47
I held a crap for three weeks.

hope you had glove on

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.