Author: voice_cd

What's the proudest thing you’ve done?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-14 14:22:53 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-9-14 05:44
I'm proud to try understand many cultures ;)

I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-9-14 14:48:01 |Display all floors
catdo Post time: 2012-9-13 20:14
total great , you have done for your father. pay the bill, and find your career.

Thank you. I would have regreted as hell if I hadn't done that for my Dad/'
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-14 17:09:11 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2012-9-13 17:50
I can't say that I'm proud of myself for saving my Dad's life, because that was what I was supposed  ...

good deed man, you will get 200 credit for it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-14 17:11:33 |Display all floors
aziz Post time: 2012-9-13 21:04
My Proud.

We six were cleaning the cadet room to prepare a store room for dumping relief goods.

Thanks for sharing and you will get 200 credits for that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-14 19:09:07 |Display all floors
I can't say that I'm proud of myself for saving my Dad's life, because that was what I was supposed  ...

The story is really impressive!Best wishes for your dad's health!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 03:15:30 |Display all floors

You are a very fine son, the creator is well pleased and proud of you for putting love above all else.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-15 03:53:02 |Display all floors
I looked through the 4X rifle scope at a pair of deer who had walked into view and was standing looking at me from about 50 meters away, it was an easy shot and I could have handily bagged the 12 point buck.

The buck and doe were both flawless specimens of perfect Virginia White Tail deer. The bucks large antlers commanded respect from any other bucks in the area I am sure. I had always used venison so the meat would not go to waste.  

But a voice said to me "You want to kill this magnificent animal so you can show his large antlers to prove what a great hunter you are"

The voice continued " if you can show mercy to this creature, I will show mercy to your family when they are in a time of great need"

I lowered the rifle and after looking at me, for what seemed like eternity, the pair disappeared in a single leap into the forest.

I forgot all about that encounter until about twenty years later when, my daughter in law was awakened by the family dog at four o'clock in the morning. The dog would run away and come back and run away again until she got up to follow and see what he was trying to tell her.

The dog led into my grandsons room where she found her son lying on the floor paralyzed by a stroke. He had no movement on one side and slurred words when he tried to speak.

He was flown to Pittsburgh on the life flight helicopter. and after an agonizingly long early morning wait for a report on his condition he came walking in the door.

The doctors said it was a miracle recovery and they had never seen anything like it before.

When I saw him walking in through the door, the memory of that cold November day 20 years ago came back to me with great clarity.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.