Views: 4161|Replies: 19

Containment of China Has Been US Policy for Decades. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-5 19:52:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-9-5 18:54

Excerpt:

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Supranational ASEAN is Super Folly for Southeast Asia

US reveals ASEAN as neo-imperial consolidation as Clinton calls on bloc to present a "united front" against China.

Tony Cartalucci, Contributor
Activist Post

In the literary classic Gulliver's Travels, the protagonist, Lemuel Gulliver, finds himself shipwrecked on an island of tiny people called, "Lilliputians." While he slept, the Lilliputians used their tiny rope and stakes to tie Gulliver down. When he awoke, though many times larger than any one of the Lilliputians, he was immobilized and at their mercy.

Image: Lemuel Gulliver on the island of Lilliput, having been overtaken while asleep by ropes and stakes by the diminutive but numerous Lilliputians. Western corporate-financier interests envision organizing Southeast Asia into a supranational bloc, ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), to use the smaller nations as a combined front to "tie down" China in a similar manner. Unlike in the story Gulliver's Travels, China may well break free of its binds and stomp the Lilliputian leaders flat for their belligerence.

This analogy is important because it represents the precise example used by Wall Street-London corporate-financier interests in producing policy for the containment of China. In 1997, a very different world from today, where the idea of a multipolar world order uprooting Anglo-American hegemony was still a fanciful notion, Western policy makers literally used this analogy to describe their strategy of encircling and containing China.

Containment of China Has Been US Policy for Decades.

Corporate-financier subsidized policy scribe, Robert Kagan, is a notorious warmonger and so-called "Neo-Conservative," a signatory to many of the West's most recent crimes against humanity, including the deceitful invasion and occupation of Iraq based on lies regarding "weapons of mass destruction," the deceitful invasion and overthrowing of the Libyan government based on lies regarding the "responsibility to protect" (R2P), and the most insidious plot to-date, the premeditated organizing and arming of sectarian extremists aligned with Al Qaeda to violently overthrow Syria, paving the way for war with Iran.

We should hold the line instead and work for political change in Beijing. That means strengthening our military capabilities in the region, improving our security ties with friends and allies, and making clear that we will respond, with force if necessary, when China uses military intimidation or aggression to achieve its regional ambitions. It also means not trading with the Chinese military or doing business with firms the military owns or operates. And it means imposing stiff sanctions when we catch China engaging in nuclear proliferation.

The West is Now Militarily Confronting China (and Russia).

In hindsight, we see that the West has indeed applied a double game vis-a-vis China, using a combination of geopolitical-socioeconomic incentives and lures to win over Chinese corporate-financier interests -to provide them with an attractive stake in the Anglo-American "international order" while simultaneously creating a geopolitical landscape across both Asia and the world to prevent China from cultivating its own interests independent of Wall Street and London.

The hope is to undermine nationalist elements in China, while promoting and cultivating suitable proxies eager to merge China into a Wall Street-London dominated global order.

Read full Article:
http://www.activistpost.com/2012/09/supranational-asean-is-super-folly-for.html

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-5 21:08:11 |Display all floors
I think rat containment is a good policy.

For rats,  rumors and gossips ,  tabloids and  Internet thrash become the gold standards in facts and truths.........rat containment is a good policy.

Necessary policy.

When fears , rumors and gossips rule the lives of rats,
There is no place for what is good and reasonable.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-5 21:25:12 |Display all floors
ASEAN................

not just the leaders of Asean...............

but I can imagine the peoples of Asean are grateful for the Clinton Speech.

Thank you, Mrs Clinton.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-13 16:43:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-4 17:41:37 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-5 02:10:34 |Display all floors
incarnate Post time: 2015-9-4 17:41
We Are At War

Yeah.....go bomb Malaysia and Singapore.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-9 16:48:19 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.