Author: vincent01

What if Japan claims Hawaii?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-9-2 06:10:39 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-9-2 06:04
The irrational part comes naturally for the US government.. too many Christians at the controls.
W ...

The officials that are elected tend to appear more irrational than the officials that are appointed. Maybe it's so they appeal to irrational voters?

From the diplomatic cables I read from Wikileaks, the middle management in the American government appears calm, intelligent and rational. The talking heads of upper management like to spew oversimplified talking points on TV.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-9-2 06:17:55 |Display all floors
The middle management just comes to work. Its their job. The politicians that are public don't really have much say in what goes on either. The super rich are the only ones with real control and they use
that control to make sure they stay super rich. They answer to no one.
The illusion of democracy and freedom are enough to keep the slogan loving public happy.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-2 08:27:30 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2012-9-2 03:37
Would a USA philanthropist be able to take out an ad like this in a major Chinese newspaper?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-9-2 09:38:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-9-1 15:34
Well, you didn'thaveto say that. As a proud non-UsOfAbian I have thought the same as you much of m ...

Could you repeat that in English please?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-3 05:54:01 |Display all floors
I do not understand it what I do whether I think about Chinese what

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-3 06:01:07 |Display all floors
Excuse me, the Chinese has a feeling dying in a head

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-3 20:26:48 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2012-9-1 15:03
JUST THINK ABOUT IT -- IF AMERICA AND CHINA DESTROY EACH OTHER OVER JAPAN -- THE JAPANESE IN HAWAII  ...

What a dream~~~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.