Views: 3127|Replies: 6

My boyfriend is like 8 years old [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-31 15:58:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by mywonderland at 2012-8-31 16:03

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for one year. He is wonderful. He has done nothing to offend me into falling out of love with him. But sometimes, I feel that our personalities clash is like day and night. I say he is a giant 8-year-old boy because he acts like it.

I’m not asking for movie-worthy romance, just some maturity. . I've seen him cry over feeling lonely; he gets excited about going to the zoo and museum. I haven’t always been concerned about tidiness, but when I ask him to help me clean the kitchen and he throws a fit shouting "NO!” it makes me uneasy. He seems to be 100% content just playing Xbox all day, never cleaning, and won’t even eat unless I make his meals for him.

Here is the struggle. In essence, he has a heart as pure as a child's, and he makes sure I know how much he loves me. He has been the most faithful man I've ever met; he's kind and forgiving of my flaws and life circumstances. I trust him with my life. He's never cruel or hurtful. And he's content just being together.

But unfortunately, we're both adults, and the adult world holds expectations. We need to be able to put on our adult hats sometimes and that's what is concerning to me, he never seems to be able to take on that adult role. I was hoping more for a relationship that can offer security, protection, and partnership. He is there every day reminding me of just how sweetly juvenile he is. Is it too much to ask him to act like a man, and not a boy? I don’t care if he plays video games and acts like an idiot, so long as he makes me happy. And what I need to be happy is a real, equal relationship with a man who can be the idiot, but also be my man and treat me like a woman, not a best friend, a little sister, a mother or entertainment for when he’s bored with his games.

Any opinions? Suggestions? Comments? It is such a tough situation and I don’t want to talk to any of my close family/friends about it, cause I don't want them to laugh at him.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-31 16:20:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-9-1 01:25

Talk with Him.

Is His maturity important for You, talking about serious relationship? If so - You have to decide to accept it with own discomfort, try to change His behavior a little (that is about talking, for example), or leave Him...

This seems like "litle Emperor, or mamma-boy", He may not understand, that He is doing something wrong, if nobody told it to Him strictly. I think, that if You love Him - You have to talk with Him as soon as possible.

Btw. being excited about going to Zoo, museum, movie etc if for me quite normal :) more "problem" I can see in everyday activities, that You described. But again - if You will not talk with Him - he may not know what is wrong... (What You do not accept in His behavior)

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-8-31 16:55:52 |Display all floors
Sound like a Mama boy to me
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-31 22:23:13 |Display all floors
he should be a mama boy, without safety and mature,but you can control him maybe,
Make the impossible possible

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-1 00:44:49 |Display all floors
"I ask him to help me clean the kitchen and he throws a fit shouting "NO!” it makes me uneasy"

Tell him this was an order not a request.{:soso_e120:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-1 02:23:27 |Display all floors
Typical modern day Chinese princeling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-3 10:31:44 |Display all floors
How old are you like? girl

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.