This post was edited by suray at 2013-3-4 13:01|
E.g. 1 I want to thank you for helping me, anyway.
- 不管怎样(bù guǎn zěn yàng)，我还是想要谢谢你帮了我(wǒ hái shì xiǎng yào xiè xiè nǐ bāng le wǒ)。
The English Chinese translation literally means “Regardless of what happens, I still want to thank you for helping me.”
E.g. 2 Why are you doing this, anyway?
- 你到底/究竟为什么要这么做(nǐ dào dǐ/ jiū jìng wèi shén me yào zhè me zuò)？
“到底”/”究竟” literally means “after all” in English.
E.g. 3 The “To:” field is empty. Send message anyway?
- 收件人字段为空(shōu jiàn rén zì duàn wéi kōng)。仍然要发送信息吗(réng rán yào fā sòng xìn xī ma)？
E.g. 4 She threw the books in the box just anyway.
- 她就把书随便往箱子里一扔了(tā jiù bǎ shū suí biàn wǎng xiāng zǐ lǐ yī rēng le)。
E.g. 5 It was you who broke it, so you should repair it anyway you can.
- 是你弄坏的(shì nǐ nòng huài de)，所以你应该想尽一切办法修好它(suǒ yǐ nǐ yīng gāi xiǎng jìn yí qiè bàn fǎ xiū hǎo tā)。
E.g. 6 Anyway, I finally reached there in time.
- 总之，我及时赶到了那里(zǒng zhī, wǒ jí shí gǎn dào le nà li)。
“总之”, which means “in short”, is a high-frequency word of summarizing in Chinese.
Source: English Chinese translation