Views: 8795|Replies: 40

Lisa Kristine: Photos that bear witness to modern slavery [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-24 03:28:17 |Display all floors
Lisa Kristine: Photos that bear witness to modern slavery

FILMED JAN 2012 • POSTED AUG 2012 • TEDxMaui

For the past two years, photographer Lisa Kristine has traveled the world, documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery. She shares hauntingly beautiful images -- miners in the Congo, brick layers in Nepal -- illuminating the plight of the 27 million souls enslaved worldwide. (Filmed at TEDxMaui)

Lisa Kristine uses photography to expose deeply human stories. Full bio »

There are more than 27 million people enslaved in the world today — that's double the amount of people taken from Africa during the entire trans-Atlantic slave trade.” (Lisa Kristine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1A91MEpDvU&feature=player_detailpage

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-24 09:21:45 |Display all floors

Modern slavery........that is North Korea followed by China, and China's friends in Queen bee lands.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-24 18:06:30 |Display all floors
I see the two above CD nutters are trivalising the topic

by getting off on, their China bashing
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-24 18:15:49 |Display all floors
27 million slaves

this time it will be harder.There is no visual trade to stop.No buying and selling.no ships for pirates to seize.
dealing with corrupt governments and its more invisible
like she said you dont see it.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-24 19:41:13 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2012-8-24 17:06

May be, the two nutters you mentioned are the "chosen ones",  being anointed by some "powers that be" in China and are therefore enjoying special immunity that we are not aware of. Of late, the "special one" has shown balant disregards, disrespect to CD and to China, and is almost behaving as though he is the present  day "colonial emporer" of China!  A sad day for China and the  Chinese, indeed!

There is a saying which goes like this:

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned
to repeat it.”
      by: philosopher George Santayana

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-24 19:48:22 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2012-8-24 18:06

What's new? The fascists never stop with their hatred and warmongering.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-24 20:14:31 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-8-24 19:41
May be, the two nutters you mentioned are the "chosen ones",  being anointed by some "powers that  ...

yes....................and r ats are condemned to live in drains..................just justice.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.