Author: desperado123

Diaoyu activists' were arrested by Japan, Beijing warns   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-18 20:11:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 20:12:50 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 20:17:31 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 20:18:32 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 20:20:28 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 20:23:41 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-19 04:51:58 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-8-18 04:11
May I remind posters that China calls it "Diaoyu", whilst Taiwan insists on "Diaoyutai."

While I have no idea which is the more correct term, I for one had always known as " 釣魚群島". Regardless, and for whatever it's worth, the object, and the important thing here, is that both "factions" -- I repeat, "factions" -- meaning PRC and ROC, is not relenting that it is "Chinese" domain.  

Now, I don't know if I'm mistaken about this here or not, but, as had been mentioned in the various romanticised Chinese novels of China's past, I suspect that what's being referred to as the enchanted and magical Island known as 梅花島 are in ressence none other but "Diaoyu/Diaoyutai's".  

Further arear I have no idea of course, but, just off of a my mind however, I did read up something to the effect that durring the rein of 慈禧太后 that she had in fact kept records of these Islands as it is the very source of a medicinal herb she had relied upon on a regular bases for the treatment of arthurist and that it was indeed referrenced as 梅花島 as well and recorded as a very part of Qing China.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.