Author: UYA

China food safety...Good or Bad?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-15 10:44:33 |Display all floors
beijingshots.co Post time: 2012-8-15 10:36
the food in China seems safer than the west. maybe it's because the west is so corrupt thats why i d ...

agreed

Thanks for your post

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-15 10:51:41 |Display all floors
beijingshots.co Post time: 2012-8-15 10:36
the food in China seems safer than the west. maybe it's because the west is so corrupt thats why i d ...

Yes, in every other country, people only invented food in the 1960's. Until that time, we survived on absorbing the felt from billiard tables through special glands located in our armpits.

By the way, if you look at the global league tables of the 28 largest industrial nations, China is 2nd most corrupt. Only Russia is ahead of them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-15 10:53:15 |Display all floors
    The day we are born, the first thing jumps into our head is to seek food, it's a nature of our humanbeings. Everyday, when you get up, you need to eat, after a while for work, you need to eat, even you need to eat to support you energy for basic movements in your daily life. So when we are talking about food, the topic always turns to be huge and sensitive to public nerves.
    From recent years reports or incidents concered with food area, it is quite normal to see some negative information. I still remember when I was a little kid, such kind of thing never worries me or my family at all, the food bought from either big shopping mall or hawkers, of course, we believe they are safe, only may feel kinda disappointed about the price sometime. Compared with this, nowadays, I have been an adault, and formed my own family, things just changed, me and my wife, when we go purchasing food, we always have little hestitate or doudts about the safety about the food, worries come from whether the food is made from regular materials, or no harmful things are added, etc. The reasons may be multiple, for example, during the society transformation, the fortune is always emphasized, some people may chase more profit in the price of moral degration. But talking about food, basically, there should be a bottom line.
    So, frankly speaking, I am totally on board with the decision of enacting food safety standards. It will surely decrease the safety problem in food area, help people to formulize or judge different kinds of food safety. But the problem is, just like the post starter worries about, this may be a way for big food manufacturers to dominate the food industry, resulting unfair standards. To deal with this problem, personally, the goverment should play an important part in it, the goverment should participate in making the food safety standards, or be in charge of the standard excution, the keypoint is, as the supervision department, they should not have any little tiny profit or interest connection with the food manufactures, only by this way, the whole food industry and supervision chain would be transparent and won the public confidence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-15 11:09:56 |Display all floors
If the food in China is so safe then why does the Chinese government put so much emphasis on improving food safety?  They have been making these promises since the milk scandal in 2008.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-15 13:18:56 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2012-8-15 12:09
If the food in China is so safe then why does the Chinese government put so much emphasis on improvi ...

As a big NATION, the aim is to do better in the future...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-15 14:37:43 |Display all floors
I just saw a piece on food safety in China on CCTV and China is going to adopt 259 new international food safety standards, which begs the question;

Why did it go so long with so few standards in place previously?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-15 14:39:57 |Display all floors
Chegsyboy Post time: 2012-8-15 14:37
I just saw a piece on food safety in China on CCTV and China is going to adopt 259 new international ...

The question is will they ENFORCE the standards?  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.