Author: cestmoi

Another reason why Cestmoi refuses to leave USofA...for now   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-18 02:09:15 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-8-17 01:31
I guess there are more restaurants in my city than average...I read that somewhere...

Anyways, we ...

eh, ever had the joy of westphalian pumpernickel back in Bavaria?
Horse-meat (e.G. Rhineland sour Roast) is also something I assume is not that well known in the USA that you likely didn't got to know either down in the South-East of Germany, maybe Snails then? (from the south-west).

It's not even that our whole wheat stuff was always just "german".
But for some reason, the whole stuff died out around, when white flour and stuff became cheap-cheaper than whole wheat actually.
Those Fools.
I'm looking forward to the Buns I'm getting myself from the bakery around the corner for Breakfast tomorrow morning, how about you?

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 02:13:18 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-8-17 01:28
LC,

Has mexican food caught on yet in europe?

There's Mexican Weeks at the Restaurant pour les "M" d'or

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 02:14:53 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-8-17 01:31
I guess there are more restaurants in my city than average...I read that somewhere...

Anyways, we ...

And I presume of those few almost all focus just on Bavaria, or let's say are Bavarian themed.
Am I right?

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 02:16:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-8-17 13:47
...and Lyon, my favourite city in France.Or Vienna, Milano, Berlin, London.

The Yanks' home kitch ...

Well, Brussels is one of the most heavily mixed places.
And in London the main advantage is the opportunity to escape local british Cuisine- not that the rest were great either.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 04:27:10 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-8-18 02:14
And I presume of those few almost all focus just on Bavaria, or let's say are Bavarian themed.
Am  ...

No.  The one I'm referring to is in German Village, which was called so because it was a german immigrant neighborhood.  The Schmidt's family immigrated there late 19th century from Frankfurt.  BTW, German Village looks nothing like what you would see in Bavaria.  I'm not sure where most originated from but it gave birth to a sausage haus and a chocolate factory. :)

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 04:33:14 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-8-18 02:09
eh, ever had the joy of westphalian pumpernickel back in Bavaria?
Horse-meat (e.G. Rhineland sour  ...

Oh I'm thinking more of the sweets.  The pastries & cakes!

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-18 07:58:00 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-8-18 04:27
No.  The one I'm referring to is in German Village, which was called so because it was a german im ...

Well, you as a former local State Resident know of course that the stereotypical Kitsch does not necessarily need to really look like Bavaria itself, or shall we say vice-versa, and so do I, but you know what I meant.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.