Author: WhiteBear

[Original]good photos - how to make it? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-14 16:17:54 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-6-14 15:51
Hm... do You use RAW format?

Perhaps a wealthy amateur, or he steals from Adobe.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-6-14 16:47:25 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-6-14 16:17

Not exactly steals... now there is free CS2 available for everyone.
I use it myself :)

But the Lightroom was not added in the package at that time...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 18:16:28 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-6-14 16:47
Not exactly steals... now there is free CS2 available for everyone.
I use it myself :)

Photoshop (now CS6) is a fine program but far too complex for the average user I believe this thread was intended for, and at some 6000 yuan is a little expensive too compared to Elements 11 at less than 600 yuan. Most photographers would never need or even discover 75% of the PS features and even if they did would forget how to use them before they were needed again. Using old versions is obviously cost effective unless you wish to take advantage of the rapid advancement in DSLR technology.

Lightroom is not in competition with PS but compliments it and is the first step after a shoot for most Pro users, not only for image adjustments but for its library too. When an assignment can comprise of 500 or 1000 images, sorting and selecting can be a major task. Of course if you are not shooting in RAW then Lightroom loses much of its usefulness as it is more difficult to correct images after the compression and artifacts produced in jpg.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 19:41:32 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-6-14 15:51
Hm... do You use RAW format?

Yes.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-6-14 19:51:12 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2013-6-14 19:41
Yes.

What software You use to "develop" RAWs?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 19:52:52 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-6-14 16:17

Lightshop was a gift. Both my copies of Elements have been bought on eBay for 200 RMB. My PS CS5 was bought on eBay for 1800 RMB. All legal originals.

Adobe steals from me - I had a computer crash and Adobe offered me no way to reinstall when data got damaged on my computer that is part of their anti piracy system They know I am legit. I am a registered user. They know my serial number is legit. They know that nobody else has ever tried to register my copy of Elements but they have no backdoor that allows me to reinstall. So I came to use my ignored copy of CS5 (it had been intimidating me) and love it - far superior to anything else that Adobe market and when you have used Elements then CS5 or CS6 is just more possibilities with the buttons in different places that can make it confusing.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 19:55:33 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-6-14 19:51
What software You use to "develop" RAWs?

I just shoot in raw in the unlikely event that I decide to sell an image. However, everything that I have exhibited has always been tweeked from the jpg rather than the RAW version.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.