Author: WhiteBear

[Original]good photos - how to make it? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-13 19:41:47 |Display all floors
This is what is not so good about Photoshop;

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-6-13 20:10:25 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-6-13 19:29
If you used ISO 800 in the camera you would have more noise than using 400 anyway. Have you used L ...

Not Lightroom. I never had a pleasure to be owner of it :)

I used "bundle software" provided with the camera.

Yes, result is a little better that when shooting with higher ISO.
I used this trick to boost the light, but usually within 1EV.

And I agree that the photo should be good for a photographer who makes it. It is most important.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 20:27:25 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-6-13 20:10
Not Lightroom. I never had a pleasure to be owner of it :)

I used "bundle software" provided with ...

We are probably boring people now,  {:soso_e147:} this topic could do with a section of its own. {:soso_e104:} However, Lightroom is a good investment for a serious photographer. Far cheaper and in my mind far more useful than Photoshop. Lightroom 4 costs around 750/800 yuan (legal copy), much cheaper than PS. If you must have PS, then for a photographer PS Elements is usually sufficient. Most people only ever scratch the surface of PS.....or have a nervous breakdown{:soso_e101:}

NB not all photo programs can handle or even open RAW files. Most cameras that can take RAW can be set to take RAW+jpg.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 20:44:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-6-13 20:44
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-6-13 20:27
We are probably boring people now,   this topic could do with a section of its own. { ...

Yes, good that You mentioned " Photoshop elements".

It was first "serious" software that I used to process the photos.
Even today I sometimes use old (very old) Elements 2.0.

But the Elements have some drawbacks.... no "tonal curve" editing (only "levels"), no separate channel processing, and no CMYK to save the photos for a professional print. But Yes, for use with "Everyday photos" it is enough. And free (if You choose 5.0 that is in the CS2 set - now released for free)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 14:59:34 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-6-13 20:27
We are probably boring people now,   this topic could do with a section of its own. { ...

I have copies of Lightroom, Elements and Photoshop.  Photoshop stands in a class of it's own. The only tool that I miss in Photoshop is the skin colour tool that is available in Elements. But by comparrison, Elements is for amateurs whereas Photoshop is for professionals and it shows with the results especially when blending and erasing using layers. Lightroom got erased and never reinstalled.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 15:08:35 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2013-6-14 14:59
I have copies of Lightroom, Elements and Photoshop.  Photoshop stands in a class of it's own. The  ...

As a professional photographer I disagree entirely but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Copies ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 15:51:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-6-14 15:53
fatdragon Post time: 2013-6-14 14:59
I have copies of Lightroom, Elements and Photoshop.  Photoshop stands in a class of it's own. The  ...

Hm... do You use RAW format?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.