Author: WhiteBear

[Original]good photos - how to make it? [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-6-13 09:31:03 |Display all floors
HOW DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 17:09:46 |Display all floors
A photo is "good" if the photographer is pleased with it. Who cares what anyone else thinks unless it is being entered into a competition? Taking good photographs means learning the "art" of composition. The quality of the camera is irrelevant if simple guide rules are used.
Horizon should not bisect the centre.
If the subject is a person they should be close enough to the camera to recognise and not standing in the centre.
Understanding the "rule of the thirds" will improve photographs 100%. Imagine two vertical lines and two horizontal lines equidistant. Where the lines intersect is the point of interest.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 17:12:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Laowai2? at 2013-6-13 17:21

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-6-13 17:30:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-6-13 17:59
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-6-13 17:09
A photo is "good" if the photographer is pleased with it. Who cares what anyone else thinks unless i ...

Good remerks.

Btw. I'm now at the stage of learning new camera.
Very simple model that I bought for some special features, and it lacks all the "manual modes" that I usually use.
So for some situations I have to forger about "depth of the field", Av, Tv priorities, and other usefull features, but just use "what's inside".

Composition is one of the features that is not related to the camera - but it depands ONLY on a photographer.
However some cameras can help... Even in a basic models there is sometimes an option to "show the grid".

Last time "only automatic modes" digital camera I had in 2005 and now I'm a little amazed by some new "automations" {:soso_e114:}
First tests was made yesterday - during small trip with my local friends and during some celebrations of the Dragon Boats festival.
But the real chalange will come (maybe soon...).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 17:52:37 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2012-8-7 12:48
The secret to taking 'good photos' is to take as many pictures as you can on the assumption that not ...

This is fine for snapshots, sport or news photography or even kids & animal shots where the result is not predictable. A photo that is good enough to be printed and displayed on the wall needs more attention (and usually skill). Pro photographers take their photos in RAW format. As the name would suggest the image is unadulterated by the camera. He will then use Lightroom software to correct or adjust any element he requires. Even the ISO can be adjusted this way. Photoshop is used more "creatively" for changing the image (adding to or subtracting from). Both programs can be used together. However, the real skill of a photographer is in the "eye". In other words composition. A badly composed photo will always be a bad photo.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-6-13 18:10:50 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-6-13 17:52
This is fine for snapshots, sport or news photography or even kids & animal shots where the result ...

Yup. RAW is "magic", but there are some drawbacks.

For example You can "adjust the ISO" but the safe distance is only one "step" (for example from 400 to 800), and it is used by "EV correction - in this case +1".
However it have not good effect on the quality - it is just amplification of the signals registered, so You amplify also noises.

RAW is very convenient to change the color profile, contrast, sharpness, white balance settings, and mentioned EV correction (in reasonable amount). However almost every photographer tries to set all (even "editable") factors before shooting - to reduce post-work.

Talking about post-work...

Now we can LEGALLY download and use full package of Adobe software. Not the newest one of course, but more that sufficient for every non-professional use.

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/for ... &fromuid=938291

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 19:29:20 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-6-13 18:10
Yup. RAW is "magic", but there are some drawbacks.

For example You can "adjust the ISO" but the s ...

If you used ISO 800 in the camera you would have more noise than using 400 anyway. Have you used Lightroom?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.