Author: yeahright

Chinese badminton players accused of match fixing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-3 10:19:48 |Display all floors
Erm, Spain have already been eliminated so the question is moot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 14:25:11 |Display all floors
If any system is set, the best team should win. If somebody speculates, not to meet some opponent, it means, the team does not believe it is the best

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 14:25:58 |Display all floors
Teardropper Post time: 2012-8-3 09:10
Would your Anglo football team kick so hard in order to face Spain rather than China next round wh ...

It is not the first time I hear this nonsense. You are not even original in raising such poor argument.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 14:31:45 |Display all floors
Chegsyboy Post time: 2012-8-2 10:13
It's not only Chinese, there were also 3 other teams disqualified for not trying. None of these team ...

I wonder how blindfold people can be by the vision of getting medal. They even do not unerstand they present themselves as assholes.

In this respect I really like this quote from J. Heller's Catch-22

"To Yossarian, the idea of pennants as prizes was absurd. No money went with them, no class privileges. Like Olympic medals and tennis trophies, all they signified was that the owner had done something of no benefit to anyone more capably than everyone else." (8.32)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 14:33:17 |Display all floors
Chegsyboy Post time: 2012-8-3 09:26
Maybe in China.......................

It has ALWAYS been speculated that the 1966 and 1974 World Cups win was tainted...
ohh yes; it's different now for some reason... IS it???

2006 World Cup was rigged to favour Germany...
FIFA official called P1 with full knowledge of bribes being paid to Joao Havelange, the former FIFA president and a mentor to Blatter...

it has been common knowledge for a long long time....http://www.soccerblog.com/world-cup-history/

in early 2005, German football was overshadowed by the discovery of a €2 million match fixing scandal centered on second division referee Robert Hoyzer, who confessed to fixing and betting on matches in the 2nd Bundesliga, theGerman Cup. The scandal has been described as the largest controversy in German football since the Bundesliga scandal of the early 1970s, as numerous players, coaches and officials have been accused of involvement with an organized crime group in the scheme, which came on the eve of Germany playing host to the 2006 World Cup.

Panorama: Fifa's Dirty Secrets was broadcast on BBC One on Monday, 29 November 2010...

and in car racing, teammates are coached to shield one another from competitors...
a racer is often asked to slow down to let a teammate win in order to accumulate  high points for the team...
this is universal but impossible to admit publicly...

re Badminton 2012, in my opinion, the new format adopted for the the London Games, only the Badminton World Federation is to be blamed...
in my opinion it was changed on purpose...a very cunning move indeed...

It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 15:30:26 |Display all floors
Perhaps the badminton players might feel differnt if China and the USA have the same amount of gold medals at the end of the games..!!!!!!

I suspect heads will roll if they do.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.