Author: vincent01

What do you think of Chinese people?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-2 17:45:02 |Display all floors
It's interesting to compare how the CHinese see themselves and how the foreigners like me see these things. I know only Beijing and Xi'an and have to say that I find the educated English speaking Chinese very pleasant. They are always willing to help me like for instance in a book shop or by China Mobile to fix a Chinese number.

All the other Chinese people look upon me like on some creature from outer space. They don't understand my Chinese which is very strange since it works out very well with Chinese with some international experience. SOmetimes it's funny - like the Chinese cannot connect two simple things with one another. They cannot understand what I am saying although the situation and the context dont allow any other meanings or interpretation s of the word or expression I am using. Like "you piao" in a post office.

What can you mix up you piao with at a post office

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-2 21:22:18 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2012-8-1 14:18
As a Chinese, I do believe Chinese people are in general nice. But some behaviors are just unaccepta ...

spitting, throwing garbage, pushing, cutting, screaming, pissing on sidewalks, disobeying traffic laws just reminds me how free China is, and how lucky Chinese people are. it also reminds me of how fascist, authoritarian, and repressive the west is. when i look at the west, they just look like a bunch of domesticated animals. theres nothing natural about them. these clowns feel the need to urinate behind closed doors. as far as food safety goes, the food is much safer in China, than in the west, where food is genetically modified, and westerners are overweight, and frequently die of heart conditions. not only is the food unsafe in the west, so are the medicine, thanks to greedy western multinational pharmaceutical corporations. speaking of food safety, i like how the Chinese govt cracked down on carefour, and mcdonalds. bravo to them. this shows how poor the food safety is of western multinational corporations. i hope people get the message and stop eating western food. as for pollution, you can thank capitalism for that one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-2 21:24:38 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2012-8-2 17:25
I have mixed thoughts about the Chinese. Most people I have met have been warm friendly and very hel ...

if you have a problem with people spitting, and urinating on footpaths, then go back to your country and dont come back. stop trying to change the Chinese way of life. i'd rather die than live like some domesticated animal, like western capitalists live. as far as begging goes, this was never a problem under communism. with capitalism, comes beggars

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 02:53:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-3 03:51:55 |Display all floors
why should the chinese be an exception and be labelled? People are people everywhere.There are good ones and not good ones.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-8-5 01:59:23 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-8-3 03:51
why should the chinese be an exception and be labelled? People are people everywhere.There are good  ...

Very true and that is something I pointed out in my post. Sadly the haters here who are fueled by their own inadequacies as human beings tend to overlook the self evident truth.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-5 05:01:47 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2012-8-5 01:59
Very true and that is something I pointed out in my post. Sadly the haters here who are fueled by  ...

I agree
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.