Author: weichristie

can you tell me what love is? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-11 00:15:14 |Display all floors

Uncertainty of love

When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which one can never be sure.
Alice Hoffman, 'Here on Earth'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 00:18:29 |Display all floors

Well said!

The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.
Morrie Schwartz

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 00:20:10 |Display all floors

Wise words!

Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 02:31:15 |Display all floors

To: Wei_chriesti; what is love?

I assume you are talking about romantic love; not brotherly, motherly, or unconditional love.

Love is the perpetual journey of humans pursuing the proverbial carrot to compliment the voids of our psychological and emotional being – we want someone to fill the void within ourselves.  We look to be the sole object of someone else’s desire, we want to be appreciated, respected, and cared for.

In short, its all about ourselves.

True love however, is achieved when we as humans voluntarily give up the right to self preservation and risk it all for the benefit of the object of our desire.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 02:58:40 |Display all floors

Love is...

I'm all out of love at the moment, having recently lost the love of my life. But I have felt it. It does exist. You can't define it...you can only feel it. If you've felt it...you know. Love can be larger than life or it can be found in the simplest of gestures. Now she only lives in my memory.

http://homepage.mac.com/regandarcy/Personal1.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 22:45:45 |Display all floors

well

well.it is hard to say!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 23:01:19 |Display all floors

wise comment

wonderful conclusion!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.