Views: 5222|Replies: 4

[Tips] [Original]Couch surfing in China [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-19 19:21:15 |Display all floors
I found some posts about chepest ways to travel in China, but not a trace of couch surfing.
First - the idea (let mi quote Wikipedia):
"Couchsurfing is a neologism referring to the practice of moving from one friend's house to another, sleeping in whatever spare space is available, floor or couch, generally staying a few days before moving on to the next house. "

The idea is, that if somebody can arrange help (accomodation) for other coachsurfers - then he/she is wellkomed in other coachsurfer's houses.
Pretty simple. No money, no business, but exchange of favors.
And on this forum we can also exchange opinions about surfers and hosts.

Maybe we can arrange it here - in simplest form at the begining?

I hope that many of us can host smebody for one or two nights, show the city or help with shopping whatever is needed, or share the kitchen and bathroom...
Offcourse You have to trust coachsurfers, so I propose that the only way to contact is this forum, for registered users. This is not great safety, but something for a start :)

General health and safety rules (this is only my suggestion):
1. guest must have own sanitary items like toothbrush, towel, sleeping bag, slipers for home use and under the shower etc. (to prevent for unintended infections for both host and guest)
2. guest must present valid ID before entering host's house, also host should present ID too
3. before visit - guest and host have to exchange their expectations, and have a consent. please do not agree to "let's talk about it when me meet"
4. host sets the rules of his home, and guest accept it or chooses different host
5. host should send guest's ID data to one trustfull person, who will know who in in his house, when he/she is intended to arrive, and when to depart.
6. host should not accept the guest who is sick in any way (flu etc.), for own safety! remember also, that some STD are transmited not only by the sex but other forms of contact (not only direct one)!

Please post Your host's offers in this thread, according to sample of most important detail (please remember, that personal information about You as a host and Your potential guest is in the CD profile, so there is no need to put it in the thread again):

Please remember - this is for non-commercial hosts only! We should exchange favours, not a money!

H O S T's  offer:

Country
Province
City (and near what biggest city if needed?)
Public trensport (nearest bus/train/metro stations, airport etc.)
Host's languages at communicative level

accomodation for a guest
when host's place is available: weekends/evenings/nights...
for how long host's place is available: x..nights/x..weeks/x... etc ;)
sleeping: house/apartment/room/couch/floor
bathroom: separate/shared with host/public
kitchen: separate/shared with host/no acces
cooking: guest cooks for him/her-self/host cooks for two/guest cooks for two/no cooking

another favors
transportation: if the host can help with transportation - then how?
language exchange: (name the languages that You as a host can help with)
sightseeing: (what You can show to the guest, and when, how many time host can spend to it)
shopping: (when, how many time host can spend to it)
anothers: (name anything that You can help with as a host)

off course anybody could do it another way, there is no must :)

So I'm first as a begining and example ;)

WhiteBear  offers:

China
Guangdong
Kaiping (near Jangmen)
bus station in Kaiping, train station in Jangmen (1h by bus), airport in Guangzhou (2h by bus)
Host's languages at communicative level: english, polish, russian (at very basic levels also some others)

accomodation for a guest
when host's place is available: weekends, nights
for how long host's place is available: 1 weekend (2-3 nights), or 1 night if not in weekend (for longer term with language and other favors exchange - possible but have to be confirmed)
sleeping: separate room with air condition, in quite new apartment in the guarded building
bathroom: separate (western style toilet, shower, washbasin)
kitchen: shared with host, equiped
cooking: separate, or shared (according to arrangements)

another favors
language exchange: could help with some english, polish
sightseeing: I can show the city, and direct to some sightseeing places, if in weekend - we can go for a hotsprings nearby
shopping:  can show some shops in city, and help finding right place to buy some goods
anothers: I'll be happy to exchange recipes, and cooking experiences

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-6-13 09:15:19 |Display all floors
GROW UP..THIS FORUM IS FOR ADULTS.....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-6-13 09:18:29 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-6-13 09:15
GROW UP..THIS FORUM IS FOR ADULTS.....

I'm not sure when I look at Your posts

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-6-13 09:19:10 |Display all floors
THESE ARE WAYS TEENAGERS TRAVEL NOT ADULTS

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-8 01:15:04 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-6-13 09:18
I'm not sure when I look at Your posts

YOU'RE SO FUNNY AND CLEVER.....

THERE'S A RUMOR YOUR VISA WON'T BE RENEWED....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.