Author: sansukong

More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made G.W. Claims [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-21 20:13:04 |Display all floors

RE: More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made G.W. Claims

This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-7-22 03:31
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-7-21 18:05
Worth repeating
Worth repeating

You are not only a brainless "echo-box but a very obedient boot licker, especially with your gifted extra longer tongue!  You almost would lick anything and anyone's .... b---s  !!!
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 20:26:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-7-21 21:20
sansukong Post time: 2012-7-21 20:13
You are not only a brainless "echo-box but a very obedient boot licker, especially with your gift ...

now, who  pays you to post your anti science stuffs around here.

Come clean.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 20:52:15 |Display all floors
We don't need to bicker over such details; we should prepare for sacrifices in the interest of saving what little is left of this planet. We have destroyed too much already, and human greed has not been tackled yet.

Discussing and understanding details is the very reason for science today - analyzing helps us to understand the whole better. But you're right - it's rather pointless to discuss science in a forum like this, so I'll give in on this topic here

I do agree with you that we need to improve our ecological footprint and pollute the environment less - but I don't think you can change the nature of man and fight greed as a solution. Especially developing countries (where still the majority of people on our planet live) want to feed their people first, before actually considering abstract threats like a distant climate change. You have to give them a cheaper solution which is clean - and when being clean is cheaper, poor countries will go green too.

Of course, you might impose strict regulation in developed countries like germany. You might even spend billions and trillions on solar panels. But in the end, you do more harm than good - solar panels lead to huge amounts of carbon dioxide emissions (esp. when they are made in China) as well as other environmental pollution. But the biggest challenge is storing energy - so far, we don't have any technology which would allow us to store sufficient amounts of energy to transform developed economies, not to mention developing countries.

This brings us back to my original claim: we do need to invest more effort and money in science and pour less into subsiding immature technologies. If you invest those billions (or even trillions) of Euros into research, we will be able to really overcome our dependence on fossil fuel, rather than just shifting it to China and blame China for polluting the environment by producing the products we consume (which is exactly what we do by simply pushing prices up and buying solar panels from China).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 21:27:30 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-7-21 20:52
Discussing and understanding details is the very reason for science today - analyzing helps us to  ...
  1. But you're right - it's rather pointless to discuss science in a forum like this, so I'll give in on this topic here
Copy code
that is the point.

progress can be made...but only after we have all made the san rats, the Heartless Institutes and Climate Depots as public enemy number one in a public forum such as this.

the full time climatologists will deal with nonsense and distractions such as those.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 21:32:57 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-7-21 20:52
Discussing and understanding details is the very reason for science today - analyzing helps us to  ...

the viability of projects is a question of economics and politics.

but the san rats, the Heartless Institute and the Climate Depots are lobby groups spreading false, misleading information to stop proper debate based on science and scientific evidence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 21:57:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-7-21 21:40
You have divested yourself of the right to pass judgement by saying yourself that "I know NOTHING  ...

full support

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 22:01:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Hey but what do I know, huh?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.