Author: puppyjack

a chinese guy wanting a western girl [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-17 22:12:43 |Display all floors

to leprechaun

very well said!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-17 22:51:26 |Display all floors

mmm

Well, leprechaun, I would be very surprised if there were many (if any) 22 year old British women who refuse to have sex with their 'boyfriends'.  If I had such a relationship, I would give up on it too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-18 07:32:57 |Display all floors

what's wrong with that?

some peopel prefer to wait until they are ready for it, it's their individual choice. the fact that many others may do the opposite doesn't mean we have to follow suit. I know a western girl who has been with someone for 2 years and is still waiting for the right moment. This is actually one of the main characters of many western women that I admire. They have independent spirits and will stick up for themselves whenever necessary. I know there are plenty 'sexually loose' women out there, in any country, but I am not after those people. I think I will be safe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-18 10:26:05 |Display all floors

My point exactly

Ubersuave, you are the exact reason why I have given up on men until they can prove that they are interested in more than sex. I have plenty of female friends who are exactly the same as me, and their boyfriends are more than happy to wait until they are ready. What's wrong with waiting for someone who isn't just going to cut and run when something new comes along? This is what I hate: in 'western' men's eyes a 'western' girl is loose if she sleeps around and frigid if she doesn't.  

If your opinion is indicative of 'western' man's attitude, give me a Chinese guy any day!

Use magic tools Report

lwq721010 has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-18 10:35:56 |Display all floors

What do you mean?

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-18 17:54:55 |Display all floors

mmm

Leprechaun,

Sex is great.  Everyone loves it including (shock horror) females.  Yes, that's right, girls like sex too.  Quite a revolutionary concept... in the 50s.  Another great thing is that it needn't be a big deal with contraceptives to stop the consequences.

Having a libido is natural and healthy, even for girls.  But yes, men tend to more open about it.  So what?  

"Ubersuave, you are the exact reason why I have given up on men until they can prove that they are interested in more than sex."

C'mon, you're using strawmen here and this is a blatantly sexist statement. Me and men in general are not only interested in sex (there's beer too... ) but yes it is important. It's important in any relationship.  Without sex you're missing out on so much. You're also contradicting yourself with this:

"I have plenty of female friends who are exactly the same as me, and their boyfriends are more than happy to wait until they are ready."

What you're saying now is that you know of plenty of men who are happy in non-sexual relationships.  Personally, I think these guys are lying or just resigned to the fact.  Or perhaps they know that if they turn round and say that they want to have sex they will lose their girlfriend.  I'd think my partner was unsuited to me if she doesn't want to have sex -- she isn't turned on by me.  "More than happy"  -- I certainly wouldn't be and I doubt they are.

"What's wrong with waiting for someone who isn't just going to cut and run when something new comes along?"

Erm, nothing at all.  But what does having a sexual relationship have to do with this?  IMHO sex strengthens a relationship, making cheating less likely.

Final message:  Lose your virginity leprechaun -- you're missing out : )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-18 22:08:05 |Display all floors

back on topic

Ubersuave, I'd rather not turn this into a lurid discussion about my personal life, which you know nothing about so please don't comment on it or give me advice!

The point of my message was that not all 'western' girls are the sexual predators waiting to devour poor Chinese men that you and Johnners claim! Some of us (we may disagree on the proportion, but as a girl I think I have a bit more knowledge about it than you) are actually shy, nice girls who value a nice guy, whatever his nationality.

That's all.

万事如意!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.