Views: 1366|Replies: 5

Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better .............. [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-11 16:40:28 |Display all floors

The tale of the two animals shown below tells of the fight that is the will to live and how their human witnesses could recognize that even in an animal and respect that fight ........

Four legs good, two legs better ...........

An amazing two-legged pig has become a local celebrity in China.

The 10-month-old pig, known by villagers as "Zhu Jianqiang"(Strong-willed Pig), was born with only two front legs, which it now uses towalk on. According to owner Wang Xihai, Zhu Jianqiang was one of nine pigletsborn in a litter this January.

He recalls: "My wife asked me to dump it but I refused as it's a life. Ithought I should give it a chance to survive and unexpectedly it survivedhealthily."

Several days after Zhu's birth Wang decided to train the two-legged piglet towalk by lifting it up by its tail. "I trained her a while each day.

After 30 days she can agilely walk upside down." Wang said since the birthof the pig, which currently weighs 50kg (110lbs), his home is besieged byvisitors everyday. A circus even offered a high price for the pig, but Wangrefused to sell.

He said "She proved to us that no matter what form life is it shouldcontinue to live on. I won't sell it no matter how much the offer is".

Pig-two-legs.jpg

Strong-limbed lamb ................

A farmer has saved a two-legged lamb after being touched by its struggle tosurvive.

Farmer Cui Jinxiu, from Laizhou in northern China's Shandong province, said thelamb was one of two born in June 2010.

She comments: "The first one was a very healthy and normal one. However,the second one surprised me."

"With a further look I was surprised to find that the lamb only has twolegs."

The family thought the lamb wouldn't survive, but it proved its strong desireto live.

"I thought of dumping it after it was born but the next morning it evenstood up by itself."

Cui said she was touched by the strong will of the lamb and started to feed itusing a baby bottle.

"It is very strong willed and brave. Although only having two legs it isliving normally as other lambs," said Cui.

Lamb.jpg

The Independent ........

Maybe there is a moral here with an old maxim  ..........

'God helps those, who help themselves'   .................      {:soso_e177:}

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 18:38:54 |Display all floors
Geez, are you sure the photos are not photoshopped? seems they can't stand supporting only by two legs.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-11 18:56:42 |Display all floors
desperado123 Post time: 2012-7-11 18:38
Geez, are you sure the photos are not photoshopped? seems they can't stand supporting only by two le ...

They were in a UK paper .........

The independent  ...............

So they must be true  ..........      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 19:40:59 |Display all floors
oh,how strong they are!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 20:54:51 |Display all floors
What a nice story! Still, I'm sure the first guy will sell the pig eventually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 21:39:36 |Display all floors
Franticfrank Post time: 2012-7-11 20:54
What a nice story! Still, I'm sure the first guy will sell the pig eventually.

Yes  .........  

The lamb looks kind of cute  ............

I think they should call it .........

'Mint-Sauce' ...........     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.