Views: 3286|Replies: 0

A Survey for English Learners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-9 09:54:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by icookenglish at 2012-7-9 10:01

survey.pdf (52.57 KB, Downloads: 2)

I am simply curious about the situation here in mainland China as to why people are so eager to learn the English language, and on their learning journey, what hurdles do they find.

Reason for learning English:
1) Normal schooling
2) Exam
3) Interest
4) Curiosity
5) Further education
6) Career pursuit
7) Personal fulfillment

Rate it "3" if it is "most important", rate it "2" if it is "average", and rate it "1" if it is "not relevant"
If you like to tell us more about that particular point, please do so writing it out in detail.

Factors affecting your learning process:
1) Qualified teachers/trainers
2) Well organized schools
3) Well organized courses
4) Good print material like books
5) Good audio files
6) Good video files
7) Personal tutors/coaches
8) No personal space
9) No computers & other equipments
10) No internet connection
11) No practice partner
12) No place to use it

Rate it "3" if it is "Most important", rate it "2" if it is "Quite", and rate it "1" if it is "Not important"
The higher the number, the most important that factor affects you in your success in learning English.

NOW, I can imagine what you may say about the survey.    However, just make use of this post to talk about the issue of learning English as a foreign language.

In my daily activities helping learners practice English, I have mixed feelings about facilities even ignoring the rather key issue of training fee.  Ideally, the learner and the practice tutor can talk to each face to face but that will make the practice out of reach of the less fortunate students due to the level of trainiing fee.

Folks, jump in and talk about this.  I have a dedicated QQ for this topic:  QQ number 2256593784 ( en.learning.survey@qq.com )
A form is also attached to this post for completion.  

Finally, this is a personal survey undertaken for nobody but to satisfy my curiosity.  Do not forget, curiosity is a very important driving force to push one to learn a new knowledge.

Walk before you run; write before you talk.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.