Author: expatter

What a Good Year for the Anglos …………   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-5 19:09:33 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-7-5 17:51
I remember that TV series "Yes Minister" and it was in part a parody of that same situation you ci ...

And to make matters worse the fat cats in charge of business use threats to get their way.. "do as I say or I move production, business overseas..." they play countries off against each other.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-5 20:35:58 |Display all floors
Chechen Post time: 2012-7-5 16:45
Why is it astonishing?  Look at your own behavoir if you want to see partisanship.

I don't vehemently attempt to show my own country in a negative light whenever possible. Why do think expatter does? And then does the complete opposite when it comes to China?
"A king ceases to be a king, and degenerates into a tyrant, as soon as he leaves off to rule according to his laws." King James 1 in 1603.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-5 20:37:20 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-7-5 17:28
Most likely yes i fear.

The Chief exec is resigning with a £20 million pay off.

Poor bloke  .............

That is only two thirds of his annual salary ..........

How will he manage  ............      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-5 20:39:29 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-7-5 19:09
And to make matters worse the fat cats in charge of business use threats to get their way.. "do as ...

I almost feel sure that the US led financial disaster was engineered to kill the Euro ..........

And the ministers in the more fragile Euro countries got paid to go along with it .........

Or they just never went to school and attended a maths class ...........   

In fact could it be that they are all crooked  .........      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-7-5 20:56:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2012-7-5 20:57
verdane Post time: 2012-7-5 17:21
No I agree, common human failings.

I appreciate the point you implied that British politicians a ...
I appreciate the point you implied that British politicians are sanctimonious hypocrites though. Or maybe its all politicians, everywhere. Bunch of t*ts.

A very wise pundit once said "You get the politicians you deserve" ... well world wide we have all got what we deserve a bunch of pond $cum who have yet once again proved that $hit does indeed rise to the top of the pond that is humanity.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-6 00:36:26 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-7-5 20:39
I almost feel sure that the US led financial disaster was engineered to kill the Euro ..........

Well there are certainly people betting on the demise of the Euro who will make a lot of money on its demise.  I don't know not there was a coordinated attack on it or not. What's certain is that when/if the Euro goes it will drag a hell of a lot of countries down with it. But I imagine the beneficiaries will be supping Pina Coladas in the Caymans and wont really care.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-6 00:47:12 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-7-6 00:36
Well there are certainly people betting on the demise of the Euro who will make a lot of money on  ...

I feel so sad for the Euro zone and how it got there  ...........   

I just had a feeling I had to leave England in 1998 and it was a combination of numerous factors  .........

If you like I have benefited greatly from that instinct  .........

But I am in contact with back home and they have a decade or more of decline to come which I just do not know how to talk to them about  ........

It is a tragedy which was predicted in some ways back in the seventies  ........

And the Elite as you say have the benefit of it  .........

Never what I would have envisaged for a once such great country .......

Although I still disagree with how it got the 'great' bit .........   

Is there anything we can do  .........     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.