Views: 13719|Replies: 70

What a Good Year for the Anglos …………   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-4 22:08:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-7-4 22:11

What a Good Year for the Anglos …………

This year has seen an extraordinary rash of scandals and controversies so far in the UK. We have the scandal with the Murdoch papers using phone hacking as a means to garner news and defraud the public of their rights with several of their main products.

The nonsense from the UK in being part of a ‘no-fly-zone’ over Libya for humanitarian reasons, whilst in effect it was an action to completely eliminate the Libyan military and create a supine Libya where human rights issues are far greater now than under the Gadaffi regime.

The current R.S.B and Barclays banking scandals where the banks have used corrupt practices regarding inter-bank lending rates.

The Glaxo-Smith-Kline company selling unapproved medicines and some of these were destined for ‘depressed’ children as if that is even a moral thing to start kids on drugs to compensate for their social situation.

And finally for this list. The Oxford University Press scandal of false tendering and submission in order to defraud.

It is indeed easy to claim that because these dishonest practices are in the open, it is obvious that there are some systems in place to highlight these issues when discovered. The problem remains though is how many of these things never get exposed in this way when some of the supposedly highest institutions are apparently complicit at will.

When British politicians start moralizing about other places in the world they should at least realize that even the slipperiest criminals eventually get caught, and that their own door-step in not immune to the human disease of corruption, lies and fraud.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-5 00:01:30 |Display all floors
Astonishing that, as a Brit, you want to highlight the failures in the UK yet whenever any similar issues or failures in China are mentioned you do your level best to water them down and sweep them under the carpet!
"A king ceases to be a king, and degenerates into a tyrant, as soon as he leaves off to rule according to his laws." King James 1 in 1603.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-5 00:06:17 |Display all floors
drwatson Post time: 2012-7-5 00:01
Astonishing that, as a Brit, you want to highlight the failures in the UK yet whenever any similar i ...

Oh ............ !

Should they be kept quiet  ...........  ?

I never got that message  ............     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-5 16:45:13 |Display all floors
drwatson Post time: 2012-7-5 00:01
Astonishing that, as a Brit, you want to highlight the failures in the UK yet whenever any similar i ...

Why is it astonishing?  Look at your own behavoir if you want to see partisanship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-5 16:52:30 |Display all floors
Chechen Post time: 2012-7-5 16:45
Why is it astonishing?  Look at your own behavoir if you want to see partisanship.

You have a point there  .........

That's for sure  ...........    !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-5 17:07:15 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-7-5 00:06
Oh ............ !

Should they be kept quiet  ...........  ?

Well they weren't kept quiet - as they were all in the news

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-5 17:16:07 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-7-5 17:07
Well they weren't kept quiet - as they were all in the news

Of course my reply to the other poster was a rhetorical one ..........

And yes indeedy they were/are all in the news  ........

Although not grouped together in this manner .............

I think if one looks at corruption and fraud around the world it can be seen as a human problem ........

Rather than an ethnic one  .........

Although probably poorer places experience more in real terms  ...........   

And maybe just maybe there is an indication that the higher in the tree .........

Then the more likely occurrence  ...........   

But that is just me thinking out loud and I have no data on that    .............      

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.