Author: expatter

Han Prosperity and Foreign Decline in China.   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-28 23:40:07 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-6-28 23:34
China occupied by the Mongols?! Nooo way. I know lots of Chinese who will tell ya the Yuan Dynasty ...

I like your reply ...........  !

It simplifies many claims about Tibet  ............      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-28 23:41:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Hey but what do I know, huh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-28 23:43:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Hey but what do I know, huh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-29 07:37:26 |Display all floors
I challenge the view that a nation's prosperity depends on technological innovations. Technical knowledge is currently widely available and many high-tech devices are even built in China or other developing countries - thus, the knowledge is already available.

The wealth of nations seems to depend much more on the level of social cooperation - and when I read this forum here, I understand the need to develop this very trait. Historians are usually talking about cultures - not about nations - when they are talking about former great powers. And culture is mainly the way people interact with each other!
So if we want to develop China and bring China on the level of the west, we also need the Chinese to interact more deeply and communicate better. The question is just: how do we manage to do this?

Of course, I might now lecture the Chinese to behave better, treat each other nicer and so on... but I think China has to find its own, unique way and as I am not Chinese, I can hardly suggest any direction to follow.
So how do you think can Chinese people develop a deeper level of interaction? How can they learn to communicate better, how can they learn to understand the people around them better?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-29 08:03:24 |Display all floors
Foreign decline in China? VW, BMW, GM, Daimler, Citroen, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan and Suzuki seem to be on the rise, not declining as far as I can see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-29 11:13:36 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-6-28 06:11
Thank you expatter for this thread.

China had been the world's strongest country for most part of  ...

Hopefully, enough influence for China to gain back its lost territories from the Unfair Treaties.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-29 11:28:23 |Display all floors
....and maybe hand some back from it's own unfair invasions of peaceful neighbours to the West???

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.