Author: vincent01

U.S. Airman Says No to Chinese-Made Boots   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-29 16:12:05 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2012-6-28 17:47
I see nothing wrong with the soldier's request.  Do you think soldiers in the Chinese PLA would want ...

It's not a question of what he wants to do but as to whether he is prepared to obey a lawful command. I can see him getting chucked out and stripped of his pension rights especially since he has gone public.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-29 16:16:29 |Display all floors
I expect that the boots have a microchip in them that calls home to the factory.  
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-29 16:59:59 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-6-29 12:24
If a Chinese officier refused to wear American made boots, he would be called a patriot by millions  ...

Even though a Chinese officier refuses to wear American made boots, it has its reason. Chinese made boots are less expensive, that's the point. Do you see any problem for one to choose less expensive outfit which can help cut the defense budget?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-29 17:10:28 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2012-6-29 17:42
I wonder ...

if a PLA soldier would have voiced a similar request ...

ang sapatos ay dapat manggagaling sa Pilipinas,..Ibigay mo sa China ang pekeng sapatos sa PLA
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-6-29 17:43:13 |Display all floors
Super_lin Post time: 2012-6-29 16:59
Even though a Chinese officier refuses to wear American made boots, it has its reason. Chinese mad ...

I believe a country that has such a gigantic defense budget can probably afford to buy shoes made in their own country.

If they really want to cut down on their defense budget they could probably STOP INVADING COUNTRIES THAT DIDN'T ATTACK THEM !
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-29 17:46:47 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2012-6-29 14:11
"This is about the countless Americans who are struggling to feed their families; Americans whose li ...
What would innocent Afghani and Iraqi civilians think if they see Made in China combat boots on the American enemy?

most likely they would say can i have one pair.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-29 18:05:01 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-6-29 17:43
I believe a country that has such a gigantic defense budget can probably afford to buy shoes made  ...

Then tell me why they buy shoes made in China.

If they stop invading coutries that didn't attack them, then US is not US anymore.
Obviously Showing off in every corner of the world its military power and bullying underdeveloped countries for something, oil, etc is much more important than their concern on defense budget

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.