Author: sansukong

China welcomes UN decision over Japan'scontinental shelf claim [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-10 14:45:25 |Display all floors
LoneAcorn Post time: 2012-6-10 14:41
Looks like you misunderstood my comment.

Not to worry.....I know you got brains.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-10 16:45:37 |Display all floors
Hopefully, Japan will accept the UN's judgment and won't ignore them like many countries do.

In my opinion, the whole continental shelf regulation itself is highly questionable and I don't see why such a minor geographic features below the sea should allow a certain country to exploit more resources than another country. A regulation that would allow China, Japan and the ROK to exploit each on third of the area would be quick, fair and allow a fast start of the exploration process. Moreover, it would safe a lot of money that otherwhise has to be paid to lawyers...

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-10 17:21:22 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-6-10 14:45
Not to worry.....I know you got brains.

worry?  Nothing to 'worry' about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-10 22:23:17 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-6-10 12:49
According to Article 121 of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, rocks that cannot sustain human ...

The Lawyers may argue that such rocks may not be claimed by any party, according to this wording, however, it doesn't say that such "rocks" shall not belong to any party's EEZ.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-10 22:50:48 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-6-10 22:23
The Lawyers may argue that such rocks may not be claimed by any party, according to this wording,  ...

is China satisfied with those rocks or they want  fishing rights and mineral rights? No one is quite sure what they want..........not even the CPC.....................
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.