Author: greatlady

How do you answer the cold call?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-6-6 20:44:52 |Display all floors
If it starts of with "Good morning/afternoon Mr (my first name, Rat) and it it has an Indian or Thai accent it's just "click" and I hang up.

Local companies cannot legally contact me as Australia has a do not call register with fairly hefty fines for each number dialled, up to 12,000 USD or so per number.

When I'm out of the country it's never a problem, an unlisted satellite phone number does wonders!
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-6 20:54:33 |Display all floors
I am always polite with them.These people are doing their job.They have a boss who pays them to do these phone calls.My husband is sometimes rude to them when they call during the noon time ,disturbing us from our meal or his sleep.I get really upset when he talks in a rude way.I can not bear it.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-6 21:56:09 |Display all floors
if the call does not bother me,i will listen to he or she.But if i am busy doing something,there is no doubt
that i will quit the conversation soon by telling he or she i am not available now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 12:27:12 |Display all floors
快乐★十三 Post time: 2012-6-5 21:47
If I am not interested in what he or she said ,I would tell him or her directly that I have no need  ...

How about if you work for the government office, eg. the call is asking for how to get healthy certificate for travelling abroad?
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 12:33:23 |Display all floors
caringhk Post time: 2012-6-6 20:08
wo sou bu yao

wo bu ming bai la /
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 12:34:41 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-6-6 20:54
I am always polite with them.These people are doing their job.They have a boss who pays them to do t ...

Perhaps you and your husband are different personalities.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 12:36:11 |Display all floors
acm Post time: 2012-6-6 21:56
if the call does not bother me,i will listen to he or she.But if i am busy doing something,there is  ...

Good to hear the different voice than others.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.