Author: voice_cd

Gaokao memories and photos sharing   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-6 10:24:04 |Display all floors
I remember I didn't sleep well that 6.7. though i thought i was not nervous at all, i couldn't fall asleep. and i comforted myself it was all right if there was only one sleepless night.  the maths exam was very hard in 2003. now every time i have trouble or i am upset, GK must be  my nightmare that night. i always dream i couldn't find the right classroom or i don't even know the words on the paper.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-6 13:15:35 |Display all floors
Gaokao, the entrance exam to a Chinese university or a college, as a most torturing and challenging exam like today, was emphasized so much that it was almost thought of as a divine event. It was the 1988 when very few of the high school graduates had the chance to receive tertiary education, at colleges or universities, partly because our country was undergoing a change from a planned economy to the market economy, and the government could not afford to fund a large number of students for their high advanced education, and partly because our education system was exploring more opportunities to provide more forms of education for us.
Our parents are also aware of the importance of Gaokao to us. Like today, but more significant than today, graduates from universities or colleges would be sure to get iron-bowl jobs, but my parents were wise enough to make my own decision and supported me to achieve my dream by going to an ideal university and never pushed me hard, saying “All the roads lead to Rome”, so I was not so nervous as those high school graduate today.
The days of the exam passed so quickly that they were over before I realized them.
But there was an incident which affected the exam.
During the small hours on the morning of math exam, I suddenly got a severe pain in my stomach and kept on sitting in the lavatory for 3hours until 7 o’clock, when I managed to get the medicine for my diarrhea and even during the exam I was busy putting the medicine powder into my mouth to stop my pain in the stomach.
I went to answer the natures call three times during my math exam, but to my surprise I finally got 114 marks of the total marks 120.
Later I pondered over the cause, only to realize that I just ate a cucumber the night before, as I was living in the home of one of my classmates and our aunt was kind enough to get the cucumber for use to eat. I guessed maybe the cucumbers were not made clean enough or there maybe other reasons, which I knew nothing of.
My piece of advice on the food for the candidate today: don’t eat anything raw or cold before the exam.
In those days, most of the students failed the exam, as the there were only 2 % of the candidates were admitted, which is a striking contrast with the situations today, which is about 98 %.
I took twice the exam, and I was fortunate enough to be admitted each time, but I chose to be a teacher under the guidance of my father.
What I want to say to the candidates today is that when one door is closed before you, another door will surely be open for you, so just do it with thinking about the results. Whatever should or shouldn’t have happened may have happened or has happened already and face the challenge and face the music.
What you experience will be your treasure and pain past is pleasure.
Remember: The sun will always rise in the east tomorrow, shining over you and your road to your success.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-6-6 13:37:05 |Display all floors
why are there so many people who had bad Gaokao experience?

Well, the high school years are the most intense years of my life. but i was enjoying it, though I didn't think in this way then. But when I recalled, there were a lot of sweet memories.

When I was in Gaokao, I took the burden off my shoulder, I didn't think too much about what I would become of if I failed. I was relaxed/ Surprisingly, the Gaokao finally score was the highest in my whole high school.

So my suggestion to Gaokao student: Relax and take it lightly.
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-6 16:37:28 |Display all floors
It's been 9years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-6 18:58:51 |Display all floors
Yeah, I experienced the National College entrance exam in 2004,with regard to the feeling of memory---not too bad.What I care more about is presence, striving for a better life.
BUILD UP FROM NOTHING

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-6 20:10:15 |Display all floors
it's been 10 years
Love, is somehow like a piece of bone, you couldn't stand it that other dogs touch it though you le ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-6 22:39:51 |Display all floors
many feelings ,happy and helplessness

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.