Author: BigWang

If US can claim Hawaii and Guam then China can claim South China Sea   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-29 07:32:33 |Display all floors
Bigwang got no class
China  got no class........
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-29 08:21:24 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-5-29 07:32
Bigwang got no class
China  got no class........

Our locum agent provocateur is everywhere, sowing seeds of discontent where-ever he could.
Tiresome fellow, got very little to say.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-29 08:50:37 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-5-29 02:08
You should remember that the US took these based on human rights abuses of the Spanish government. A ...

So fcaking Yanks invented Human Rights way back in their slavery era.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-29 13:48:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-5-29 13:53
cestmoi Post time: 2012-5-29 08:21
Our locum agent provocateur is everywhere, sowing seeds of discontent where-ever he could.
Tiresom ...

Nothing to say if you can agree with big Wang........

Nothing to add if you cannot tell the difference between Hawaii, Guam and some rocks in Philippine EZ.

Philippines media even went so far as to say.......leaving the disputes rocks..aside.....there is this Luzon mainland and the 200 km EZ that China has to respect. Some uninhabited rocks surely do not give rise to overlapping claims of 200 km of E Z.

What China tries to tell his citizens is to claim ownership of open sea with no affiliated land mass.

This is just a thuggish claim. A claim with no merits and no one outside China takes seriously.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-29 22:57:52 |Display all floors
If China can prove it has an historical claim e.g.maps,court documents claiming its part of China

and since no one else including the colonial powers e.g.France(Vietnam),Spain and even Portugal
never disputed this claim
and since no one was able to physically claim it
Why should China drop its claim to these rocks/islands after all these centuries?
Why is China's claim nonsense,atleast it can prove an historical connection.
The other countries and colonial powers couldn't give a rats arse before.Where is their connection to the place.
This is the Mabo of the South China Sea
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-31 14:45:00 |Display all floors
If China can prove it has an historical claim e.g.maps,court documents claiming its part of China

and since no one else including the colonial powers e.g.France(Vietnam),Spain and even Portugal
never disputed this claim
and since no one was able to physically claim it
Why should China drop its claim to these rocks/islands after all these centuries?
Why is China's claim nonsense,atleast it can prove an historical connection.
The other countries and colonial powers couldn't give a rats arse before.Where is their connection to the place.
This is the Mabo of the South China Sea

If all countries followed this directive and claim any land they ever possesd hundreds or thousands years ago, we'll be living in a world of war. I just imagine what it would be like if England claimed all its former colonies... or if the osman empire, the soviet union, the nazis, the arabs or any other culture would decide to raise again to the stength they've once posessed and challenge all other countries that are currently less powerful.

I don't think this is the way it works. The whole problem should be solved in a harmonious manner - the people living in the disputed area should decide which country they want to belong to and the people in the country the area currently belongs to should decide whether they want to let that very area go. China might offer compensation in exchange - so everyone would be satisfied afterwards and peace won't be threatend.

More importantly, China would seem like a nation other countries can trust in, rather than the bully of southeast asia. Then, those other Asian countries might turn to China rather than the US for protection and China could challange the west's power at least in front of its own borders. I hope thos hardliners who still want China to show off its military strength will understand Josef Nye's concept of "soft power" - the CASS and Wen Jiabao would certainly readily explain it to them if they'd just listen. But what can you expect of half-educated farmers who only sit in the government to make money, gain power and make more money?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-31 15:40:53 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-5-31 14:45
If all countries followed this directive and claim any land they ever possesd hundreds or thousand ...

You mean the present day Promised Land in ME ??
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.