Views: 7253|Replies: 29

Alleged Lockerbie Bomber Magrahi Dies [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-20 22:35:18 |Display all floors
Magrahi died today and was the man known as the Lockerbie bomber. He was convicted in a Scottish court as the main instigator and plotter of the Lockerbie incident. He always claimed his innocence and was released from jail to return to Libya due to (the official line) ill-health, which has proven true. However, the real story may well be that under his right in European Law he would have had his case dismissed due to the witnesses having recieved millions of dollars for their testimony by the CIA. (Ref: Susan Lindauer)  Is western law a farce the same as claimed for other parts of the world, or because they needed a scapegoat did they exchange his freedom for return to Libya and a conspiracy theory to muddy the field? If you are interested then use the reference for the full articles.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 12:04:05 |Display all floors
This is story of corrupt law and corrupt court in Scottish land. In Btitain law you can not have pay witness and is illegal. Magrahi might be guilty man or innocnet but Euro law would have to stop the prison cause FBI paid witness many money for them to tell them side. Mahrahi had appeal to Euro court people and to stop this them send him home. If not he would be played not guilty cause court was illegal. Very good example of west lies and real story hiding.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 23:45:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-5-21 21:35
Oh yes, the "witnesses received U.S. dollars" to suit the prosecutors' goals.

Why then did Scotlan ...

The fact is that if Magrahi had made his appeal, then he would have been set free, because under European Law you cannot pay (bribe) witnesses and the trial would have been proclaimed a 'mistrial'. I do not state that Magrahi was innocent or guilty, but rather that is the way the law works. The logical part of this is that it was better to release Magrahi back to Libya than allow the appeal to proceed if the face of a definite acquittal. Now he is dead the appeal can still be made by immediate relatives, but it seems it is unlikely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 23:48:23 |Display all floors
Ques Post time: 2012-5-21 12:04
This is story of corrupt law and corrupt court in Scottish land. In Btitain law you can not have pay ...

There is still great controversy over not just the illegal payment of the four witnesses that convicted Magrahi, burial also the fact that the defense were not allowed certain protocols during the trial. It could therefore be said that not only was the conviction flawed, but also the the trial procedure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-22 00:57:04 |Display all floors
Alleged Lockerbie Bomber Magrahi Dies.

The thread titlled is wrong as because he guilty at court so the Alledging part now proved

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-22 01:06:34 |Display all floors
allnightlong Post time: 2012-5-22 00:57
Alleged Lockerbie Bomber Magrahi Dies.

The thread titlled is wrong as because he guilty at court so ...

Incorrect, he may be guilty and may not be guilty. But you cannot in European law pay witnesses millions of dollars from the CIA to secure a conviction. Therefore, like it or not, it was a mistrial.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-22 11:00:38 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-5-22 10:10
He was guilty, full stop. The most guilty was Muammar Ghaddafi.

Wiki

Dr Jim Swire, whose daughter Flora was killed in the bombing and who has been a spokesman for UK Families Flight 103, which represented British relatives, has said that he believes Megrahi is innocent.[105] Dr Swire is also concerned by comments attributed to the former lord advocate Lord Fraser, which appeared to doubt the credibility of the key prosecution witness, Tony Gauci.[106] Dr Swire said "the scandal around Megrahi is not that a sick man was released, but that he was ever convicted in the first place. All I have ever wanted is to see the people who murdered my daughter are brought to justice."[107]

Professor Robert Black, an expert in Scots law who devised the non-jury trial that saw the Lockerbie case heard in 2000, has called Megrahi's murder conviction "the most disgraceful miscarriage of justice in Scotland for 100 years". Prof Black said he felt "a measure of personal responsibility" for persuading Libya to allow Megrahi and his co-accused, Al-Amin Khalifa Fhima, who was acquitted, to stand trial under Scots law.

"I have written about this and nobody is interested. Every lawyer who has ... read the judgment says 'this is nonsense'. It is nonsense. It really distresses me; I won't let it go."[106]

The non-profit religious think tank Ekklesia noted that "all of the Crown's witnesses in the 36-week trial, which took place at a specially convened Scottish Court in the Netherlands, have subsequently been discredited. In the latest revelation, a prosecution expert misled judges about key evidence, according to a classified police memo published by the Sunday Herald on 17 July [2011]," cautioning that

"Dr. Swire, other UK relatives of the victims, and a range of legal campaigners, including Professor Black, say that the May 2000 trial of two Libyan suspects, the other of whom was not convicted, amounts to a cover up and a serious miscarriage of justice. Their concern is that the truth has not come out, and that the guilty have not been brought to justice.

I think Black and Swire know more about this than you might. I do not criticize you personally for this as with most people the public only get the Hollywood version.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.