Author: NE_Tigress

Chairman Mao's famoue quotation   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-5-20 09:51:20 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-5-19 17:49
US government should put more energy in creating jobs domestically rather than messing around the  ...

But we have so many billionaire on welfare we have to coddle.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-20 10:00:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by MisterPanda at 2012-5-20 10:54

Mao's quotes I enjoy :

- An army without culture is a dull-witted army, and a dull-witted army cannot defeat the enemy
- Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed
- One cannot advance without mistakes... It is necessary to make mistakes. The party cannot be educated without learning from mistakes
- Enable every woman who can work to take her place on the labour front, under the principle of equal pay for equal work
- Learn from the masses, and then teach them
- We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. It thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If it surfaced, it would have an entirely different view

Mao's quote I do not agree with :

- To read too many books is harmful
- War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun
- People who try to commit suicide — don't attempt to save them! . . . China is such a populous nation, it is not as if we cannot do without a few people (warning, may have been falsely attributed to Mao)
- Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy (warning, may have been falsely attributed to Mao)
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-20 10:00:31 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-5-20 09:51
But we have so many billionaire on welfare we have to coddle.

Send them to jail and use their money to create more jobs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-20 10:04:37 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-5-19 18:00
Send them to jail and use their money to create more jobs.

I'd love to. But they have so much money they own the government and fool most of the people.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-20 10:07:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by NE_Tigress at 2012-5-20 10:33
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-5-20 10:00
Mao's quotes I enjoy :

- An army without culture is a dull-witted army, and a dull-witted army cann ...

"-People who try to commit suicide — don't attempt to save them! . . . China is such a populous nation, it is not as if we cannot do without a few people
- Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy"

These two sound like fabrications. I have never heard of them.

I Googled and Baidued, but can't find their original Chinese. I hope Mao did not say the above in English? He could not speak English AFAIK. {:soso_e127:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-20 10:19:38 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-5-20 10:04
I'd love to. But they have so much money they own the government and fool most of the people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-20 10:21:28 |Display all floors
But at least China is the rising star in the world now. Maybe they an lead the way for the rest of us before long.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.