Author: victory001

Filipinos set Chinese flag to fire in front of Chinese embassy   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-12 14:41:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-5-12 15:04

Another Lie !

I came across this picture (man burning flag) more than a week ago. So this has NOT happened during the recent protest in front of the Philippine Embassy on May 11 ! The philippine government and the police worked hard to avoid such things. Even the organozers were promising not to do it.

I know this for very sure.

With a little luck I will give evidence of that.

Just a matter of googling.
Again, this is the way Chinese media cheats its readers and stirr anti-Philippine sentiments !
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-12 14:45:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Chinoy at 2012-5-12 23:45

i feel sorry for that disrespectful action by protesters, but it doesn't mean they represent the whole nation, maybe in thoughts and sentiments, yes!  but, such acts definitely no!  because those protesters, are group of people (akbayan party) sometimes condemn even the Philippine government.
Also, maids, cleaners, slaves or whatever.. are jobs not to be ridiculed because these are decent jobs and are highly decent than those in the executive or political pisitions who steal and taking advantage.
There are some desperate filipinos who are entertainers and prostitutes but not in China, maybe in Japan. Try to open widely our eyes that prostitution is everywhere, being  involved by different nationalities. I feel sorry for the ladies, but how about those popular Chinese sauna and massage parlor that i heard guys after were given an option for what they call Happy Ending. So what's wrong if a person aspires for a permanent residency, are you jealous? so work hard, break all those bones... it's better actually, than those illegal people who comes in the Philippines, staying in a foreign country who doesn't even know a single language and works as overworked sellers, drug dealers, fooling buyers with fake items, but sad thing is they are being taken advantage by their own boss of the same nationality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-12 14:46:27 |Display all floors
Ex-Laguna mayor arrested over attempt to burn Chinese flag
By Jamie Marie Elona, Matikas Santos
INQUIRER. n e t

MANILA, Philippines—Police arrested a former Laguna mayor who tried to burn a Chinese flag outside China’s consulate in Makati City Friday amid the two countries’ monthlong standoff in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).
Ben Afuang, a newsman who served as mayor of Pagsanjan, Laguna, was stopped by police from burning the flag as protesters denounced Beijing’s “bullying” of the Philippines over the territorial dispute.
Last month, Afuang also burned a Chinese flag as he insisted that the Scarborough shoal belongs to the Philippines.
Afuang was also involved in a flag-burning incident during the 1990s when he burned a Singaporean flag in protest of the execution of Filipino worker Flor Contemplacion.
In a phone interview, Carlo Vargas, an Akbayan member, said that while the group is against China’s “bullying”, it does not approve of Afuang’s attempt to burn the Chinese flag.
“Hindi naman kasi iyan ang tamang paraan. At ayaw din naman nating sunugin ng iba ang flag natin (That is not the right approach. And also, we would not like other people to burn our flag),” he said.
Vargas said that Afuang is not a member of Akbayan.
The Philippine government distanced itself from Friday’s protest, but spokeswoman Abigail Valte said freedom of expression is guaranteed. Tensions have risen since both countries deployed vessels to claim sovereignty over a tiny uninhabited shoal.
The Chinese Embassy warned its citizens in the Philippines ahead of the protest.
Organizers say they will also rally outside Chinese missions in New York, Singapore and Rome.
In Beijing, several protesters in groups of two and three demonstrated outside the Philippine Embassy, but they were greatly outnumbered by uniformed and plainclothes Chinese police
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-12 14:48:27 |Display all floors
Chinoy Post time: 2012-5-12 14:45
i feel sorry for that disrespectful action by protesters, but it doesn't mean they represent the who ...

You are pretending to be a pinoy !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-12 14:51:59 |Display all floors
in uk flag makers are offerning the new instant light flag with fuse on right hand side will burst into flames with a touch of a liighter, guaranteed,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-12 15:00:04 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2012-5-12 14:48
You are pretending to be a pinoy !

Kamusta ka? (How are you?, in English )  Im just saying and justifying how i feel , regardless of my nationality..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-12 15:00:27 |Display all floors
Cops stop flag burning at anti-China protest in Makati
May 11, 2012 11:17am

Anti-China activities in Makati City got to a heated start Friday morning after police stopped a former policeman and mayor from burning the Chinese flag in front of the Chinese consulate.

Former Laguna mayor Abner Afuang shouted at police personnel who stopped him from setting fire to the flag, radio dzBB's Sam Nielsen reported.

"Bawal daw magsunog... Nakakahiya kayo ... Mga pulis patola kayo," Afuang told the policemen.

The report said the police seized other Chinese flags from Afuang's vehicle.

Afuang had just poured gas on one of the flags and had lighted a torch he was using to set fire to the flag when police stopped him.

"If I have to burn it every day, I will burn it. I have money," Afuang later told reporters.

When asked why he was angry at China, Afuang said he was not angry at China but pointed out that "they (China) are bullying us."

He was referring to the one-month standoff between the Philippines and China at Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal.

Other groups, including one allied with President Benigno Aquino III, were scheduled to hold anti-China activities in the area Friday.

Meanwhile, security remained tight at the consulate area, with more than 100 police keeping guard against troublemakers.

Earlier, Makati police said they will observe maximum tolerance but said they will not hesitate to call in anti-riot police reinforcements from the Southern Police District if needed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.