Views: 13491|Replies: 8

Should eating on the subway be banned? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-5-9 14:43:13 |Display all floors
A proposal by the Wuhan city government to ban eating on its first subway, which is scheduled to open by the end of the year, has sparked heated discussions online. It was made public on Monday by the Legislative Affairs Office of Wuhan, the largest city in Central China, and violations can result in a fine of 50 yuan ($8) to 100 yuan.  

While few cities in China impose fines on those who eat in the subway, with the exception of Hong Kong, which levies fines of up to HK$ 2,000 ($260) on violators, do you think it is appropriate for the city government to introduce legislation that bans eating on the subway?
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-10 10:05:25 |Display all floors
yes it should be banned. especially when people bring chou dou fu onto the train. just plain ignorant.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-10 10:44:29 |Display all floors
Once again it is a matter of education and respect. And the law sometimes can help educate people.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-10 12:31:21 |Display all floors
Manners in the subway is not only the problem of eating things, but it is still good that the government do something.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-10 13:00:02 |Display all floors
:lol:lol is it that bad,do they leave trash food laying around,wats the reason for the ban,,i eat and drink pop ,coffe when i drive .i dont think i would eat on the sub way,but if i was hungry i probly would eat on the sub way,,,most sub way stations in us have vending machines in them,and they sell alot of food and bevrage out of them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-10 13:07:51 |Display all floors
I think we should forbid eating on the subway. This can keep the clean, and keep the air fresh. Should eat in the appropriate place to eat, not eat in the subway. It is every citizen should have the sense of responsibility, but not necessarily want to eat where the stinky stuff in there. The government should increase strength to control this thing, and not only launched a policy not to put into action

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-5-16 14:46:02 |Display all floors
It is should be banned. Coz eating food will cause lots of problems. It will be influence air and make lots of rubbish.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.