Views: 10537|Replies: 10

similarities in Chinhese and greek language [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-4-26 19:50:26 |Display all floors
                                    The word “hygea” – health, must be related to                            the Chinese word “yu” – which means to heal,                            to recover, to become well (as an adverb it                            means “the more…the more” since one recovers                            gradually and little by little).                                                    Today, the word--Albania--is referred to as                            "Alebaniya" in Chinese. This word is believed                            to be derived from the Latin word:                            "Aibainiya". (The "l" in Albania came about                            later in Greek and in Latin as these languages                            evolved). Poignantly, in modern Chinese, "bai"                            means "snow white". In the ancient Chinese                            language, "ai" means "snow white" without the                            "b"--not in reference to the young maiden and                            her seven dwarfs however! Rather, "snow white"                            refers to the dramatic descriptions of the                            snow white mountains of Albania which bring to                            mind the many horrid tragedies the Greek                            soldiers faced during World War II upon such                            mountains.                        
                              The Chinese word, "bai", which means                            "snow white" offers another fascinating                            meaning which might sound rather farfetched.                            Nevertheless, the Chinese word for white wine                            (which is produced with sugar cane and maize,                            as is Greek ouzo) is "bai jiu". Many wines are                            referred to, in Chinese, as "san- bai" which                            means exactly: "white three-fold". Notably,                            these particular wines produce such heavy                            foam, one might venture to assert that the                            type of wine known for its heavy foam is                            champagne. "White three-fold" or "white three                            times" can also be linked to a particular                            French province; to explain, this province has                            such extensive vineyards for wine production,                            the province was named Champagne. The                            world-famous "foam" wine, so to speak, is                            Champagne or "san bai"--white three-fold!                        
                              The Chinese word, "lun" means wheel.                            Similarly, in Latin, the word "luna" refers to                            the moon--an object similar in shape to the                            wheel. The word "luna" also means "talk".                            Interestingly, there is a Greek expression                            that goes as follows: trehei I glossa tis                            rodani. This means: "she speaks too much and                            too quickly, like a spinning wheel". However,                            this "wheel" refers to the loom where yarn is                            spun. Undoubtedly, this connection has                            considerable loopholes.                        
                              The Chinese word, "gu" means a small                            amount. This word also refers to the thigh                            bone with its prior meaning being a "branch"                            or "part". The Chinese word "liao" means                            water. Thus, the term "guliao" means "a little                            water". Interestingly, one might be able to                            link this term with the following Greek                            expression: "mia goulia nero" which means                            exactly, "a sip of water". The similarity                            between the Chinese "guliao" and the Greek                            "goulia" is evident. In the word, guliao, the                            "gu" precedes the "liao". In the Greek word,                            goulia, the "gu" which denotes a small amount                            (in Greek--(o)ligos) comes after the "li".                        

I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 19:53:45 |Display all floors
some more words
Meggousoglou (Mongolian Menggu(ren)                          from Mongolia

Agamemnon                          Aga (A ge)                             big brother

Alvania                                   Aibaniya (Alebaniya)            white like snow

David                                      da wei                                     big fighter

Soules (surname)                  xui li                                         repair

Tsales                                      zai li                                        reasonable, right

Ayertes                                   yu                                            foolish, crazy

Goulia                                     gu liao                                     little

Katsaria                                 chaor                                      torn pieces

Koumboura                            kongbu                                   terror

Maniakos                               man                                         wild

Bourini                                    bur en                                     unbearable

Xypasmenos                         qi pai                                      wonderful

Patari                                      ban daor                                 two level

Sampania (krase)                 san bai                                   snow white

Skiazomae                            xia                                           become scared

Cyklamenon                           xian ke lai                               visitor from heaven

Mangoura                               magan                                    stick

Tjogos                                    zhou yi                                    lucky game

Harti                                        katong                                    cartoon (card)

Sourloulou                              shunlu                                     street girl

Lera                                        lei ren                                      monkey

La,la,la                                    la la dui                                   cheering children’s squad

Tagos                                     lao tai ye                                 very old person

Zizanion                                  za                                            weed

Bam                                        bam                                        clap, noise, excellent

Babeses                                babeizi                                   tricky, craft   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 19:54:18 |Display all floors
you can google the title and read the article more clearly

Use magic tools Report

anonymoustext
anonymoustext  Post time 2012-5-5 17:10:16
This post was edited by Anonymous at 2015-3-4 03:27

Deleted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-5 17:24:26 |Display all floors
alicebrooke Post time: 2012-5-5 17:10
I am not a philologist, so please forgive my rudimentary understanding of such matters. My attention ...

although we have thousands of Albanians in my country ,I have no idea about their language

Use magic tools Report

anonymoustext
anonymoustext  Post time 2012-5-5 17:33:58
This post was edited by Anonymous at 2015-3-2 05:08

Deleted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-5 17:38:33 |Display all floors
alicebrooke Post time: 2012-5-5 17:33
I am assuming therefore that you are in Greece. On a general view of Greece, the Albanians show on ...

Ha ha how do you know Aeneas?Have you studied Illiada by Homer?
I do not know many things about him ,he was a person in mythology .son of godess Aphrodite.
Since I started studying chinese I have neglected the greek mythology ,how can I find the time ?haha

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.