Views: 14186|Replies: 14

do you have a chinese name? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-25 15:00:52 |Display all floors
do you have a chinese name? why you chose this name?

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-4-25 15:16:19 |Display all floors
this is what the teachers ask me when I am in China.Unfortunately I do not have one,I have no idea what name to get.Maybe something which is similar to my greek name .I have no idea what to do.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-4-28 16:45:36 |Display all floors
I have a Chinese name, since birth, courtesy of my mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-3 15:27:05 |Display all floors
I have had many Chinese names, my first name was 甘义熊 (GanYiXiong), given to my by an x-girlfriend. 甘 is a character from her hometown's name, 熊 because she thinks i look like a bear.

No one used this name, so when I started to study Chinese, I changed my name to 丹尼尔(DanNiEr), the translation of my English name. After a year or so, my Chinese friends said I should get a real Chinese name, so I asked a few friends to help me.

My new Chinese name is 沃丁(WoDing), WoDing was said to be the fifth Shang king. I don't know if this is a good name or not, I guess if people start to call mew by this name, then I will continue to use it. If not, I will change again.
Mr. Daniel Walsh (BEng/工学学士, MSc/理学硕士)

E-Mail/电子邮箱: daniel_hs_walsh@hotmail.com
LinkedIN Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/danielhswalsh

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-5-3 16:09:30 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-4-25 15:16
this is what the teachers ask me when I am in China.Unfortunately I do not have one,I have no idea w ...

Then perhaps u may ask ur teacher for help, or have a plant name, e.g. rose, sunflower, tree, etc. And sure I'd like to help u.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-5-3 18:39:49 |Display all floors
china.pm Post time: 2012-5-3 16:09
Then perhaps u may ask ur teacher for help, or have a plant name, e.g. rose, sunflower, tree, etc. ...

to ask my teacher is simple and also complicated.Should I have the meaning of my name in greek in the similar in chinese or just the pronunciation of my greek name into chinese.?
In addition I have a lesson once a week for one hour and a half.I do not want to waste our lesson time with chats which have nothing to do with the chinese grammar and syntax.Anyway I will ask him tomorrow to get an idea.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-3 18:46:00 |Display all floors
Well, 熊猫先生, pretty easy
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.