Author: goldengrove

Chinese students: (Australian) 'Robbers called us Asian dogs'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-24 16:10:05 |Display all floors
Not condoning the attack in any way, but the main claim in you title is the fact that they claim to be called "Asian Dogs" - no different to China, where anyone who looks foreign gets called all sorts of insulting names, and this forum, where racism and name-calling is the norm, rather than the exception.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 16:11:58 |Display all floors
"Rob them, they are Chinese. The are rich"

No, it is more likely she said, as per the other version "rob them, they are Asian"

I believe it, probabilistically speaking, because people of this background are too ignorant to determine the different asian ethnicities by looking at the face.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 16:12:46 |Display all floors
I'm afraid there're many 'Anders Behring Breivikkk 's in KKKangaroo Land !!!!
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 16:14:20 |Display all floors
here it is, from the SMH link

Another woman passenger, who was also targeted by the thieves, allegedly told the attackers to “rob them, they are Asian and they have got money”.

it is best to see as much as we can of this case, to make an informed opinion
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 16:15:05 |Display all floors
maybe you could have at a look at the original on Weibo, goldengrove
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 16:20:02 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-4-24 16:15
maybe you could have at a look at the original on Weibo, goldengrove

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Perhaps the two Chinese students just appeared at a wrong place in a wrong time.

I, for one, certainly hope it's not a racial attack. But the ignorance shown by these little brats is purely beyond imagination.

Still, on another point, if there are "crews" on the train, as the Shanghai Daily article said, why did they seem not willing to help? Too intimidated?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 16:20:20 |Display all floors
i bet it is not the single accident. Racial against chinese in Au should be deeply planted...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.