Views: 23748|Replies: 119

Chinese students: (Australian) 'Robbers called us Asian dogs'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-24 14:24:22 |Display all floors
SYDNEY police say they have detained six people in a case where a Chinese student claimed he and his friend were racially abused, robbed and beaten on a train in the Australian city.

Police said the six - aged from 14 to 18 - allegedly robbed a number of passengers who were traveling on a train between Sydney and Rockdale on Sunday evening.

They were caught by police yesterday.

The action followed responses by China's Consulate-General in Sydney and former Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd who said online that they were working with police to investigate the case.

The 24-year-old student calling himself "Xuanhao" wrote on his Weibo microblog that he and his friend were on a train heading to the Wolli Creek in the south of the city at about 11:45pm on Sunday when a group of Australians rushed into their compartment, trying to rob them.

"They wanted money so we gave them money. But then a caucasian woman sitting opposite told the robbers she just broken up with her boyfriend who had taken her purse," the student wrote.

"She pointed to us and shouted to the robbers: 'Rob them, they are Chinese, they are rich'."

The student said the robbers then started beating them, breaking his nose and the jaw of his friend and repeatedly calling them "Asian dogs."

"My friend tried to wipe blood off his mouth, but one caucasian woman among them even took out a sanitary napkin from her pants to block his mouth," he wrote.

On a police report he uploaded, the student said the Australians used a broken bottle to hit him over the head. He suffered injuries to his head, face and leg. He also had a cigarette burn on his left cheek.

The report said he was taken away by police after the incident and sent to a nearby hospital for treatment. He was suffering from pain on the left temple and left cheek, the report noted.

The student said the robbers took all their money and their cell phones and his friend was still being treated in hospital.

"It was the second time that I took a train in Sydney. I thought there were policemen in each compartment so I tried to run and screamed loudly for help, but the robbers pulled me back and beat me," he wrote.

"There were no policemen in the train, but there were many other people and even train crews." He said no one had offered help.

Source: Shanghai Daily

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 14:29:19 |Display all floors

Totally outraged! Those Aussie brats and those who watched in apathy, don't you ever come cross me. I will beat the shat out of your brains.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 14:33:00 |Display all floors
NSW police facebook

Police have arrested and charged three teenagers and three adults in relation to the assault and robbery of passengers travelling on a train between Sydney and Rockdale.

About 12.30am today (Monday 23 April 2012), the group of six, ranging in ages from 14 to 18, allegedly robbed a number of passengers who were travelling on a train between Sydney and Rockdale.

A 29-year-old man, suffered a fractured cheekbone and nose during the robbery as well as burns from a lit cigarette. He was taken to St George Hospital for treatment.

A second male victim also suffered burns to the face during the alleged robbery.

The group is also alleged to have committed two robberies earlier in the evening.

Police were alerted to the incidents and stopped the group about 12.45am today (Monday 23 April 2012), a short distance from Rockdale Railway Station.

Three males and three females were arrested and taken to St George Police Station and charged with a number of robbery and assault-related offences.

A 17-year-old girl from Port Kembla was refused bail and will appear in Bidura Children’s Court on 4 June 2012.

A 14-year-old boy also from Port Kembla was refused bail and will appear in Bidura Children’s Court tomorrow (Tuesday 24 April 2012).

A 17-year-old girl from Unanderra was also refused bail and will appear in Bidura Children’s Court tomorrow (Tuesday 24 April 2012).

Three men, aged 18, were also charged. All three will appear in Kogarah Local Court tomorrow (Tuesday 24 April 2012).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 14:58:54 |Display all floors
Re: Comment
friction  i heard this happens to most Chinese in australia  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it's unavoidable, I wouldn't say "most"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 15:31:04 |Display all floors
I'll follow this one.

It does not look like a racial attack (despite whatever comments are posted here). This is a robbery by a group of ####s, with poor educational attainment and most likely intoxicated and unplanned. The reason I think this is the case is that they did this on a train. The police, not suprisingly, apprehended all suspects just 15 minutes after the attack. Additionally, they went for a caucasian girl first, if we believe the report. More than likely, they intimidated a number of people on that train before the final attack on the Chinese.

Wolli Creek is very near the airport, in the south of Sydney. Living in a flight path is not fun. This is a low class area. The 18 year olds must go to a Kogarah magistrates court, and Kogarah is nearby to Wolli Creek. So my guess is that they live in the area and picked up the girls.

The girls are summonsed to Port Kembla, so presumably they live south of Wollongong, which is south of Sydney. Likewise, Unanderra is midway between Wollongong and Port Kembla, so the girl who is going to that court is likely mates with the 2 going to Port Kembla.

Two things don't make sense so far.

Firstly:

"They wanted money so we gave them money. But then a caucasian woman sitting opposite told the robbers she just broken up with her boyfriend who had taken her purse," the student wrote.

"She pointed to us and shouted to the robbers: 'Rob them, they are Chinese, they are rich'."

The sequence of events here, as stated, is that the money was *already* handed over.

Secondly:

"My friend tried to wipe blood off his mouth, but one caucasian woman among them even took out a sanitary napkin from her pants to block his mouth," he wrote.

Assuming she did take out a napkin, the more likely explanation is that she wanted to wipe it on the victim's mouth rather than "block" it. The motivation is equally repulsive, but I just don't see why she would want to block the mouth.

Also, considering that the reporter says "one caucasian woman amongst them", then it sounds like this was a mix of races. My guess at this point would be some middle eastern given the use of the expression "dogs".
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 15:41:24 |Display all floors
however, I think all 3 girls are likely caucs
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 15:43:31 |Display all floors
I'm looking at a report from the Sydney Morning Herald

so far, the report is a little different - this version has a tampon stuffed into his mouth

“They were calling us Asian dogs and pussies while they were beating us. When my friend tried to wipe blood from his nose, a teenaged girl stuffed my friend's mouth with her tampon removed from her pants.”

Another woman passenger, who was also targeted by the thieves, allegedly told the attackers to “rob them, they are Asian and they have got money”.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.