Views: 6311|Replies: 28

How does Kongrong share the pears? if you were KongRong, what would you do?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-20 10:57:47 |Display all floors

His name was Kongrong. He has five eldest brothers and a young brother.
One day while they were eating pears at home, their brothers let him take it first, but Kongrong chose the smallest one.
His father was surprised and asked, Why did you take the smallest one? Kongrong answered, Because I am the youngest. The biggest one should be for the eldest one.
His father asked again, But you have a younger brother. You are older than he. Kongrong replied, I am older than he, so I should leave the bigger one to my elder brother.
On hearing these words, his father was satisfied with his answer and smiled happily. What a good boy Kongrong.

if you were KongRong, what would you do?

In a quiz on Chinese reading, a first grader answered “No, I won’t” to the question “Would you give up your pear out of courtesy to your brothers if you were Kong Rong?” He got a huge “X” for his answer from his teacher. The child’s father, upon seeing the answer sheet, took a picture of it and uploaded it to Sina Weibo, the hugely popular microblogging service, which has had the nation question the purpose of education.

A reporter from Dongfang Daily contacted the child’s father. The child is in Grade 1 at an elementary school in the city of Shanghai. When the father saw the exam paper, he questioned his son about the answer, but the son insisted that he was not being playful. “ I asked him, ‘Why did you write that you won’t give up your pear?’ He answered, ‘I don’t think Kong Rong, a 4-year-old, would have actually done that.’ I asked him why not. He answered, ‘Because he was only 4 years old,’” the father recalled. He said that his son was pretty confident in the answer and refused to correct it, at least not until he got an explanation from the teacher.
“Actually, my son is not selfish. He understands the significance of sharing. He passes food to me, his mother and his grandma at the table every day.”

Illustration of the story ‘Kong Rong giving up pears.’

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 11:14:52 |Display all floors
If I were Kong Rong, I would sh1t on the carpet for a laugh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 11:56:50 |Display all floors
I double that!
However, I don't particularly like PEARS in the first place.
I prefer Apples and Grapes!
My sister, and eldest brother like ORANGES.
Personally I don't give a damn for Pears!

ha ha ha

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Enjoying the comedy of life in retirement

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 12:19:57 |Display all floors
Ancient China always has a problem.
The problem of SHORTAGES.

HAVING a pear in those ancient days must be a LUXURY.
But today if you walk into a store, you'll find >50 kinds, types of fruits!

and like the GENERAL POPULATION, there are differences in "values", "likes or dislikes" etc.

While the BRITISH EDUCATION tend to encourage RATIONAL thinkers!
China is still in the era of ROTE learners!

That's a problem that will eventually have to be addressed somewhere down the development pipeline in the future!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Enjoying the comedy of life in retirement

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 14:18:10 |Display all floors
Oooh GD - something I can understand and sensible too!

I didn't know you had it in you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 16:28:06 |Display all floors
Chegsyboy Post time: 2012-4-20 11:14
If I were Kong Rong, I would sh1t on the carpet for a laugh

Says a lot about you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 16:34:38 |Display all floors
  1. Says a lot about you!
Copy code
and even more about the banality of the question..................

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.