Author: lindasun0102

Should employees get fired for chatting online? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-24 11:20:23 |Display all floors
We should consider the accurate condition,but don't always chat online for a long time
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/?fromuid=740695

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 11:27:29 |Display all floors
I think chatting with friends in spare time is a good way to communicate with friends, and it won't affect the efficency of work.
We're always so busy to stay with our friends on weekend, i have so many housework to do when i get out off duty, i even haven't the time to turn on computer when i'm at home.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 09:37:00 |Display all floors
I like serious topic, so I don't like chatting online, which is usually a waste of time and topics are not important, often turn to gossip.
In my view, email communication is enough, you can reply at your convenience without disturbing your work focus.
One thing that's truly hard to eradicate is the idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 21:09:57 |Display all floors
My company has chat software, complete with audio and video. So I can chat with a coworker all I want, but not with a customer or friend outside of work.

Other chat software is usually blocked.

When we log onto our computer each morning, we first have to click an 'OK' box that says there is no privacy on work computers, real or implied. They could be reading everything I type here.

I think chatting with a friend for a few minutes now and then helps the mood. We are not work robots, even if our management would prefer us to be. We need human interaction, bathroom breaks, meals, etc.

If one chats so much that work is affected, that is a different story, and not necessarily related to chatting but discipline in general.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.