Author: liuyedao

Foreign job-seekers flock into China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-26 04:27:58 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-26 04:21
Well, we do have a different definition of freedom then.

For me, one's freedom stops where anothe ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 15:20:27 |Display all floors
Bad news as a foreign expatriate because more foreigners means that there is more competition with me for jobs. It is also bad that with more and more foreigners, China is going to get more strict on alien immigration and work permits. More and more foreigners means the higher chance of a foreigner doing something criminal which will reflect back on the foreigners and again tighten the noose on staying legal in country.

I tell my foreigner friends to tell others that China is a big, bad, secret police state. Thankfully this spooks a fair number of people. However, more people are getting wise to the fact that there are no jobs back in their countries and are coming here. Besides, a lot of cities in China are not bad places to live, especially Shanghai. I'm not a Shanghai kind of guy, but it is impressive for what it is.

Another secret.......Shanghai is not that expensive. Next to first tier American cities, it is quite inexpensive. Hong Kong is EXPENSIVE. Didn't like that place and thought the people (the Hong Kongers) by and large were a-holes (well, it was kind of cool if you have a lot of gold in them pockets) and was ready to go back to Sweet Home Zhejiang.

I am an ESL guy, and I came here because my life back home sucked and I wanted a change. A lot of people back home want to get the hell away from Obamaland and go somewhere else. I am at the point of my life here where I dont want to see any white people, because they are my competition for jobs here. Go away!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 21:33:46 |Display all floors
zhenglaien Post time: 2012-4-26 15:20
Bad news as a foreign expatriate because more foreigners means that there is more competition with m ...
I am an ESL guy, and I came here because my life back home sucked and I wanted a change. A lot of people back home want to get the hell away from Obamaland and go somewhere else. I am at the point of my life here where I dont want to see any white people, because they are my competition for jobs here. Go away!

So, you're a republic?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-3 19:49:28 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-26 04:21
Well, we do have a different definition of freedom then.

For me, one's freedom stops where anothe ...

Sorry for a late post, I have not be able to get back here for a little while. I can see that I mentioned bicycles and you upped this to motor vehicles and I would ask if you regard these two vehicles as equal? I find myself in agreement however in the new sub-topic in your reply with reference to motor cars in that people should abide by the laws, and I would ask how that would equate out for you in the case a a Mr. Chen who actively encourages women to defy the One-Child-Policy. Clearly, both the solicitor and his clients are breaking established and published statues.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-3 20:10:48 |Display all floors
I first went to China over a decade ago at the young age of 22. I went because I wanted to learn a different culture and at the same time work and share my experiences with people who were preparing to come to Australia.
Believe me, the pay was not so good that I could not have gotten more back home, that said, it was worth every fen to increase my knowledge of the world and its people.
As a result of being to China and working in different capacities I believe I am a more rounded person with a better ability to teach Chinese students, both in Australia and in China. Would I go back to teach or otherwise work in China? Absolutely.
Would I go back as part of a plan to get rich?
You must be joking.

Do I have plans to change China as has been implied by some posters?
No, China is changing itself, but I am interested to take not of the changes, as I have done for ten years and hope to continue doing so far into the future. For the sake of history and education, without a political agenda.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-3 21:44:15 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-5-3 19:49
Sorry for a late post, I have not be able to get back here for a little while. I can see that I me ...

I upped this to motor vehicles for two reasons. First one is if you allow unmotorized vehicles to not respect traffic rules and regulations, then you allow motor vehicles to do the same.

Second reason is because the unmotorized vehicles share the road with the motorized vehicles. Let's imagine I happen to be driving my scooter at night, suddenly a bicycle pops up right in front of me with no light and in the wrong lane. I have to avoid it so I move to the left. At the same time there was a car to the left which now has to avoid me and moves to the left hitting another car. An accident was created because of the blatant disrespect of one person. now let's imagine I do not avoid the bicycle an hit it. Consequences could go from material damage on my bike, which he/she should pay for but this will cost me time that I could have used to do other things. Worst case scenario is I could either hurt/kill myself or hurt/kill the other person. All this because he/she didn't respect the law !

Regarding the one child policy, I believe people should respect the laws of the country they are in. Regarding Mr Chen, it is my understanding he did not encourage women to defy the one child policy but rather that he denounced the forced sterilization (which are not legal). Now I can be wrong about this. In any case, and for the sake of argument, I believe encouraging women in China to defy the one child policy should be punished, but I also believe debating about the one child policy and calling for a change in the law is allowed.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-5 00:14:34 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-5-3 21:44
I upped this to motor vehicles for two reasons. First one is if you allow unmotorized vehicles to  ...

Maybe complicated in a roundabout way. People who ride bicycles are not necessarily the brightest ‘peas in the pod’ and so many and numerous as to make seemingly petty laws (to them) almost impossible to implement without the idea of ‘repression’ on the disadvantaged from a pecuniary position. Whereas those that become more upwardly mobile with the ability to advance to higher speeds should on the basis of that same speed and said upward mobility be more aware that their status that could lead to the very same problems that you identified earlier.  We are somewhat in accord and I think it was unfair to make the analogy of a bicycle against a car on that previously stated basis.

With regard to the ‘One-Child-Policy’ it is inherent that people who wish to live in a city in China are obliged to obey city rules and when they have children and expect to create a situation where they place themselves outside of those conditions to make this a ‘Human Rights’ issue then those laws are either right or wrong according to how you view the macroeconomics of China as a country. People have choices; yet choose to push boundaries to suit their own agenda and not that of the whole. Many western people believe that it is the right of people to produce children into a short life of starvation and depravation due to poverty. For myself, unless we as a species are willing to pay for all the poor people of the world and provide them with food so that their numerous offspring do not starve, then we are all in violation of human rights and selfish as a race. Or we could apply common sense and ask people to only procreate to suit the parameters of that said environment. I somehow think that we are not poles apart and would be able to discuss many issues without rancour.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.