Author: desperado123

Do you agree with abandoning the yellow light in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-24 19:38:10 |Display all floors
You should STOP and proceed with caution slowly.
Here ppl accelerate, get outta my way.
Cops here don't carry guns and even if they were in an intersection NOBODY would obey them.
I'll bet they would even get run down.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-24 19:41:55 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-5-24 15:52
So that is why the Chinese have this stupid rule in China too. I am surprised. I thought the Chine ...

The rule works in the USA without any problems.  In China the drivers are stupid and do not care about rules.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-24 20:43:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-5-24 15:52
So that is why the Chinese have this stupid rule in China too. I am surprised. I thought the Chine ...

The red light is there but one is supposed to ignore it if turning right. I did not know, during my first visit to the US, so I stopped and waited. Then this irate big yank came over and told me to go or else he was going to push me out of the way with his pickup truck. There was no room for bravery, that bloke must have been 6ft 6'' and over 20st.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-25 03:07:53 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-5-24 20:43
The red light is there but one is supposed to ignore it if turning right. I did not know, during m ...

The rule is your are supposed to stop, look to see if a vehicle is coming, and then turn right if safe.  Simple rule.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-31 10:53:16 |Display all floors
This is because motor vehicles turning RIGHT can cruise on and hoot their way through crowds of pedestrians on the zebra crossing.

What a daft idea that China's motorists should be allowed to go through pedestrian traffic when all others have to stop for a red light!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-31 16:14:14 |Display all floors
I've passed the driving test in China and remember the rule which says you can turn right at a red light ONLY IF you do not come out in front of moving traffic with the green light or if there are pedestrians on the crossing. Chinese road rules are fine,, basically exactly the same as almost anywhere else in the world, it's just that enforcement of the rules is pitifully weak.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-25 05:55:27 |Display all floors
Don't be stupid. The rule in the US is right on red after stopping. You have to stop, then turn. And you always have to yield to pedestrians.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.