Views: 10995|Replies: 21

[photos] The Undisturbed Beauty of Myanmar   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-10 13:43:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by YoYo66 at 2012-4-10 13:44

Photographer Sam Gellman sharing his beautiful photos of Myanmar (formerly Burma).
"There's an innocence to Myanmar unlike anywhere else in Southeast Asia," he siad. "While in many other countries, people will ask for money in exchange for photos, in Myanmar, people are eager to have their picture taken. Walking the streets of Mandalay or Yangon, it's not uncommon for someone to approach you and ask if they can show you around. While the experienced traveler suspects that there will be a price tag at the end of the tour, the Burmese will often refuse money at the end. They just want to practice their English and make you feel welcome in their country. It's a strange contrast in how happy people are to help versus how poor the country is financially. The people seemed very interested in having tourists see their country that they took it personally that we enjoyed the stay.
"It's not just the people that make Myanmar a staple in every travel photographer's list of places to go. It's a place where horse-drawn carriages are a relatively frequent form of transportation. The light in the countryside has a gentleness unlike most areas surrounded by city lights. The religious sites, from the enormous Shwedagon Pagoda to the small temples that line the hills, are a constant source of photographic inspiration. It is certainly a place that will be interesting to return to as the politics transition, and one of my first recommendations for travelers making it through Asia."

Posted by alice on April 9, 2012 ; source from: http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/the-undisturbed-beauty-of-myanmar

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-11 10:05:41 |Display all floors
I would like to say that, to some extent, it's their way of living, way of thinking that makes the country poor. But they love nothing more than the way they are living, that's the point.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-11 13:12:41 |Display all floors
Super_lin Post time: 2012-4-11 10:05
I would like to say that, to some extent, it's their way of living, way of thinking that makes the c ...

who lives  whose life ,which is the greatest pleasure

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-4-11 13:21:42 |Display all floors
Beautiful photographs. Beautiful land.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-11 14:20:01 |Display all floors
lovely land indeed Robert

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-11 15:44:18 |Display all floors
I wish one day I will visit this country.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-11 18:05:42 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2012-4-11 15:44
I wish one day I will visit this country.

Same here, maybe next year before it becomes too touristic.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.