Author: goldengrove

[US] US ambassador Gary Locke earns praise again for his frugal style   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-7 11:23:47 |Display all floors
A political ploy,  but nevertheless has its advantage.  Probably many politicians and officials will follow suit.  Wasteful government expenditure maybe reduced a little.  But then again,  we all have a short memory.  Soon it will be forgotten.  
if you can be happy with what you have, dont wait for more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 16:13:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by laincoubert at 2012-4-7 16:13

Its ok to have politicians that watch the pennies and are frugal
its good PR.some ploiticians boast about wage cuts etc.

Howver watch out that it can be a false economy if the person isn't doing a good job.
With Locke I commend him for not being extravagent but his main job is working on the US-china relations part.
Its is this he will be ultimately judged, not his decision to downgrade a hotel booking.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 19:42:41 |Display all floors
who can teach my english ,my english is poor,thank you,qq254592838

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 21:11:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-4-7 21:12

And the good Mr Locke will not be losing sleep that petty Officials will loath him....It is not a show, Officials in West have limits on what may be spent.

It is instructive how out of touch folks are over there to think this is an attempt to humiliate China..a ridiculous concept as the Chinese Officials are doing an excellent job of that unaided.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 21:27:16 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2012-4-6 21:36
Hair coloring and hair spray good business for the politicians' hairdressers.

remember 1993 Hairgate, Mr. Clintons $200 trim on board Air Force One while two of LAX's four runways were shut down...
scheduled flights had been forced to circle...
On top of it, the President was struggling to get Congress to pass a deficit-reduction bill...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.