Author: voice_cd

Are Chinese workers underpaid?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-25 00:41:09 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-4-25 00:11
This is exactly what I am impressing on you. In this instance, this world poverty map does not mean ...

I do not think you are impressing anything on me, in that I would prefer actual facts to anecdotal speak. I am very pleased for you that the visit you had left you with very good images of your visitation, but that does not represent those places you did not go to and maybe you would have retched up if you had been taken. I also hope that one day Africa will emerge from the ravages of greed and ignorance one day, so we can at least agree here. But, at today’s date that has not happened across the region although I am sure there are a few pockets of the rather privileged.  You might want to show that ‘good link’ rather than making it your own hidden idea. Thank you if you can and I look forward to that, otherwise I will have to assume that it is based on your assumption only.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 04:46:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-4-25 04:50
adolphus Post time: 2012-4-25 00:41
I do not think you are impressing anything on me, in that I would prefer actual facts to anecdotal ...

I sent the links!!! You must remember you are behind the great wall:) Of course ots of places that made me retch in Africa. I complained about my friend friends ( Spanish couple, to Facebook). They were in Beijing and had their noses covered, and wrote something about eyesores and smell! I flagged it up with Facebook as offensive. But they were in China and encountered unfamiliar sight and smell.

Travel around a bit, you don't have to take my words for it. Plus, you must remember, I was in China. I saw some places very similar to scenes in Africa.

Anyways enough of this....I will email links if alternative email is provided. I recommend buying tickets tho and flying to Africa. Start with South Africa

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 00:56:49 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-4-25 04:46
I sent the links!!! You must remember you are behind the great wall:) Of course ots of places that  ...
I sent the links!!!

Links to what? Maybe you could point out the post number for me.

You must remember you are behind the great wall.

How do you know that? Are you making it a fact without even knowing this? I have to say that you make a lot of very speculative guesses. Most unusual.

Then you post more anecdotes and I am sure they must have a relevant and personal meaning, but that cannot categorize a whole country.

Travel around a bit …….

And you think I haven’t? I find this very condescending offensive as you tend to have the idea that only you have travelled.

Start with South Africa.

I have been there many times and again you have already stated you are a ‘young buck’ and insinuate that I am therefore old. In insinuating this I believe you should consider that as an older person then I have seen more and experienced more. I do hope that you will not make any more wild guesses and consider posting something of merit, because so far you seem to have posted some very immature ideas and rounded that off with a laughing smiley. Can I assume that the smiley represents your uncertainty about your own ideas?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 01:20:26 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-4-26 00:56

If you have indeed travelled, you will then see it is a nonsense to think levels of poverty in China is less than developing/Africa world! An objective bystander would say levels are the same....you are partial even if you try to come across as composed and proferring balanced views/facts.

I am sure that folks travel about now but some folks have never left their country! I often attribute sweeping statements to folks that have not done a bit of travelling.

Look, you can carry out independent enquiry.. And if you think anecdotes, so be it. I am unbothered either way. Relax, you take yourself too seriously, smiley face represents fact that you don't have to be grim faced when making a serious point. Have you not watched a clip of PM question time?

I HOPE YOU GOT THE LINK BELOW
http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter/2012/The-Great-Sharing.htm
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 01:21:54 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-4-26 00:56

TipsClose
Reply needs verification. Please wait till it passes vefification

the above shows the censorship going on. Fed up with telling you this

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 01:32:07 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-4-26 01:21
TipsClose
Reply needs verification. Please wait till it passes vefification

Are you saying that only China has moderation for posts?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 01:34:32 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-4-26 01:32
Are you saying that only China has moderation for posts?

The Great Sharing

Richard (Rick) Mills
Ahead of the Herd

As a general rule, the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information

The most investable trend over the next 20 years is going to be the rising price of commodities, rising prices will be caused by two factors;
Increasing consumption
Inflation
Consumption

Two factors are involved in increasing consumption. One is the growth in population:

2011 7 billion
2020 7.6 billion
2027 8 billion
2030 8.2 billion
2040 8.8 billion
2046 9 billion
2050 9.2 billion

The second factor is the growth in wealth in the major developing countries - China, India, and Indonesia have enormous numbers of people who are already middle class and hundreds of millions still to become middle class.

Africans, on a per capita basis, are richer than Indians and a full dozen African states have higher gross national income per capita than China. Today Africa has 14% of the world’s population and by 2050 one in every four people on the planet will be African. Development expert Vijay Majahan, author of Africa Rising, said the rapidly emerging African middle class could today number almost 300 million people - that’s out of a total population of one billion.

The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development says the global middle class numbers 1.8 billon, or 28% of the world’s population.

According to the UN report RESILIENT PEOPLE RESILIENT PLANET A Future Worth Choosing, the number of middle-class consumers will increase by three billion people over the next 20 years.

The president of the Center for Global Development, Nancy Birdsall, calculates that India has no middle class. The McKinsey Global Institute projects that India’s middle class of 50 million, less than 5% of the country’s population, will explode to 583 million by 2030.
McKinsey Global puts China’s middle class at 43% of its population today, on its way to 76% in 2025.

Chasing The American Dream

Middle class has come to mean having what Americans have: large houses or apartments, more than one car, all the latest appliances, flat screen TVs with cable or satellite, laptops and i-pads - "development" for these people has come to mean more than just the basics - electricity, telephones and running water. Indonesia is a good example.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.