Author: voice_cd

Are Chinese workers underpaid?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-23 21:21:29 |Display all floors
i am sorry .i copy it .becouse Immediately to hand in your homework.the homework is the comment.
just forgive me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 00:00:34 |Display all floors
向导户外-Lucy Post time: 2012-4-6 15:47
well, average wage is not the wage we ordinary people get every month,never forget the  ...

Well done Lucy for the honesty
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 00:01:23 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-4-6 10:49
If you compared Chinese wages to 20 years ago it would reveal a striking difference and represent an ...

I like the obfuscation of the point. Chinese wages are still below Japan, Korea and of course Western Europe. There are places in Africa doing better too, believe it or not. Portuguese people are moving to Angola.

http://www.mckinseyquarterly.com ... Africas_growth_2601

Now, I would quibble with the unsustainability point. Whilst places like Greece suffer, Portugal  too, the population in Europe is way below China. I will be surprised if levels of unemployment are not greater in China than in Europe. In fact, I will suggest that it is greater.

I have visited a few countries in Africa and until you visit it, you might think folks are dirt poor and rolling in dirt. You’d be surprised however upon visiting.

I have visited China and Africa; the poverty levels are absolutely similar.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 00:03:53 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-4-6 10:49
If you compared Chinese wages to 20 years ago it would reveal a striking difference and represent an ...

Having visited China and also Africa, I can confirm that poverty levels wherever it exists on both continents are absolutely the same.

A link I sent is being processed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 00:48:04 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-4-24 00:03
Having visited China and also Africa, I can confirm that poverty levels wherever it exists on both ...

I am indeed most impressed that in a visit to China and a visit to Africa you were able to travel to all parts of those two places and make such a definite judgement. I look forward to the link to see if that author has as much travel and economic knowledge as you obviously claim.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 01:29:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-4-24 04:36
adolphus Post time: 2012-4-24 00:48
I am indeed most impressed that in a visit to China and a visit to Africa you were able to travel  ...

One isn't able to visit every single town in every single city for such purposes. I am unsure if you are in China and how much travelling you have done. One has to get up and see the world to reach a conclusion based on observation. I have been to a few hence my penchant to poo poo claims such as more poverty in Africa.

I saw enough in 2 Chinese towns to conclude. When I saw your post, I knew instantly you have never visited Africa as you'd find most folks enjoy comparative (better in some cases)  standards of living than China. Hard to believe but true. look up Angola when you have a minute:)

WSJ, you will agree is a top notch paper. It was not talking about poverty but affluence. It compared Africa and China. The biggest economic success of the last 30 years isn't China but South Korea. Korea is taught at University as a textbook case. I sent you the Article, not my fault if bogged down in censor's trap

I have been to Korea and Japan and have this to say, there is no poverty akin to China or Africa. One does not have to travel to every bit of a Country to reach such conclusion as there are clues everywhere:) I visited Towns and outskirts of towns in all these countries and have visited multiple times.

The article was about economics. I am the traveller and have visited places above.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 02:22:01 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-4-24 01:29
One isn't able to visit every single town in every single city for such purposes. I am unsure if y ...

I have been to Africa, although not all of it, and I find names such as Eritrea, Sudan, Biafra, Rwanda and many others and I cannot equate your ideas in any ways, and that is why your proposed article may have explained some more. I have also been in South Africa (the country) and Tunisia and experienced other and different ideas. Angola was in a state of war when I went there and a basket case to determine. Affluence is not akin to poverty. China has demographics of affluence and poverty, the same as many places, and for example try India as a democracy that ignores its own poor.  Korea is successful and so was Taiwan, and if you say you have been to Korea that would be incorrect as you failed to tender in N. Korea. I think the main point is that China does have poverty, but the changes in the last 20 years have been substantive and quantifiable, whereas there are many places where this is simply just not so.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.