Author: voice_cd

Are Chinese women too materialistic?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-6 22:23:45 |Display all floors
everyone has a vain side including women,and in this society it's easier to be obvious

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 23:00:04 |Display all floors
DanseMacabre Post time: 2012-4-6 09:44
You know, that may just be an excuse for your other failings.

yes,I must encourage myself to be better.I still need to study hard and work hard.
get busy living ,or get busy dying

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 23:11:45 |Display all floors
spadger Post time: 2012-4-6 16:53
Blame the mindset of high society also, it does create a very material worshiping society, China's e ...

firstly we are talking about a different topic.   Read the Headline.
Secondly you say "You can't take your clothes or your Mercedes to the grave, but land you own you can do almost anything with it, and hand down to future generations and can also be resold"
Your meaning is a person can own lots and lots of land to hand over to future generations.  But should not own a Mercedes or own clothes.  Always roam in your birthday suit on your farmland.  By the way "Many Farmlands"   is not free.  Need money to buy.  So you are materialistic too.
if you can be happy with what you have, dont wait for more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 23:48:36 |Display all floors
loveyouall Post time: 2012-4-6 23:11
firstly we are talking about a different topic.   Read the Headline.
Secondly you say "You can't t ...

I am just dropping some hint on ways to have better materialistic behavior, there is materialism that is not parasitic and materialism that is. Farmlands is not free, but land value never decreases better save up on it and buy land instead of needless junks if you can. Yes I am materialistic, but I am also building a future for by kids and myself, that is the best way to spend money, also with your own piece of land you can develop it into any sort of  farm you like, you can build fish ponds on it, you can harvest bird nest from it, you can use your money you earn to develop your very own farmland, make money from it, live off your own produce, isn't that far better than spending millions on worthless junks? Even if the Government comes to reclaim your land they will have to pay you far more than what it's worth. But from what i understand, some of you people can be so cowardly and simple minded, that you will use the excuse of we are too "civilized" for anything. I don't dropping opinions which i think are important on related topic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 23:53:30 |Display all floors
spadger Post time: 2012-4-6 23:48
I am just dropping some hint on ways to have better materialistic behavior, there is materialism t ...

your meaning is being materialistic and owning mercedes is wrong.  but being materialistic and buying lots of farmland is ok?  even for future generations.  Why?  your future generations will not be working?  They cannot make their own life?  why you have to collect for them?
The point here is about Women being materialistic.  Not about a DADDY buying farmland for this children and grandchildren in mountains with rivers and fish ponds.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 23:57:16 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2012-4-6 17:58
you dont see the point?

this life is not about only to count coins.

well, pls teach me what else is more concrete than coins? Love? power? or words?
I do have a real good eg here
In the end of day, coins is the best thing to test a connection :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 23:57:41 |Display all floors
loveyouall Post time: 2012-4-6 23:53
your meaning is being materialistic and owning mercedes is wrong.  but being materialistic and buy ...

Also you are against being materialistic,  but its ok to hoard land.  Cannot take mercedes to the grave,  but can hoard land?  buying lots and lots of land, but you wont buy a car?  use a horse? or a donkey to travel?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.