Author: voice_cd

Are Chinese women too materialistic?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-6 15:46:36 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-6 15:11
Yes there are many chinese women interested in money more than love but this is easily explainable b ...
the only reason this situation is possible is because there are guys who really don't care if their wife love them or not. They just want to have a trophy wife that will make other guys jealous and are willing to pay a lot of money for that.

So true! It's not just the Chinese women, the Chinese men are also trying to "keep up with the Joneses" in every way possible. They just like to show off and make the others look bad. "If they feel bad, then I feel good," that is the logic.

No, it's not just limited to Chinese, it's a universal human trait.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 16:41:28 |Display all floors
Blame the money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 16:53:30 |Display all floors
Blame the mindset of high society also, it does create a very material worshiping society, China's elite are very high on these stuff. If it was me i rather own many farmlands, especially those in the hills with natural water sources, never ending crop yield, even fish ponds and other products can be produced from such lands, a nice green environment to live and even retire in, life of simplicity but comfort - but to many Chinese mainlanders, they will cry no.. these things are too uncivilized, we rich people don't do farming anymore! Very ridiculous mindset. You can't take your clothes or your Mercedes to the grave, but land you own you can do almost anything with it, and hand down to future generations and can also be resold.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 17:02:52 |Display all floors
The answer is YES

also, sorry if i am too honest but i see is not only the women

its a materialistic culture

everybody put more values in appareance, highest relationship, money, cars, houses, passports, etc

that is a weak point in the society
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 17:10:35 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-6 15:11
Yes there are many chinese women interested in money more than love but this is easily explainable b ...

I don't see the point of any women in the world not being materialistic if anyway the whole experience is a game, why bother looking for real connection and serious? at least we all know how to count coins,no? yummmyummmm

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 17:46:13 |Display all floors
yes or not. i know some girls who are extremly vain and material.they are beautiful and change boyfriend like change clothes.they will accept expensive gifts like rings or necklaces although they don't like the boy. but many girls will also treat love seriously."material" just for some not most.if a boy can be wise they will not choose that girl so they will find there are also many good girls.  if you said chinese women are too material we will be angry.please don't put that mark on all Chinese women.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 17:58:54 |Display all floors
silovex Post time: 2012-4-6 17:10
I don't see the point of any women in the world not being materialistic if anyway the whole experi ...

you dont see the point?

this life is not about only to count coins.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.